Just returned from Bayahibe, DR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ontwreckdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I just got back this weekend from our second trip to Bayahibe. I dove with John from ScubaFun | Dive Center Bayahibe again.
I dove with Ivan this time. They are very quick and helpful in responding to emails. They let you dive your tank and will keep your gear for you. I highly recommend diving with them if you are in the DR

Where did you stay, and what did you think of it? Was getting back & forth to the dive op. convenient? Were you happy with the topside experience?

Richard.

We stayed at Dreams La Romana Welcome to Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa ( not Dreams Dominicus La Romana). This was our second time to this resort, so yes we like it (my wife is a non diver). It is only a 10 minute walk from the village of Bayahibe. Scuba Fun will send a taxi to pick you up and drop you back at the resort. They will also keep your gear and rinse it. It is the only resort between Bayahibe and the city of La Romana, so is way less touristy than Punta Cana. We walked into Bayahibe a couple of times and felt very safe. There 5 resorts East of Bayahibe in the Dominicus area, but the closest one is a 10 minute cab ride from Bayahibe.
I will try and upload some pics as soon as I pull them off my camera.

My computer shows 81F for all the dives. I wore a 3/2 mm full suit.

I will be there on the 4th of July I am going to dive the St George and another shallow wreck. I was already going with a big group, family vacation, and I am the only diver but I saw your thread and booked a day trip with ScubaFun. Thanks for the report! :cheers:

Heading there last week of June.

Can you comment on water temp? I will bring my 3mm but hoping to not use it.

What day are you diving? I am on 7/3

Heading there last week of June.

Can you comment on water temp? I will bring my 3mm but hoping to not use it.
I was also there as recent as Jan/18. The water was 80. Did 2 to 3 dives and night dives per day and a rashguard top and shorts were fine. It did feel a little chilly after dive #3 getting out of the water at night.
I dove with Jonathan from Happy Dive center which uses Scubafun as a base when diving Bayahibe.
Both Happy Dive center and Scubafun were excellent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom