Just returned from Akumal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

love2godeep

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just got back from 2 weeks in Akumal. I bought a 10-dive package with Akumal Dive Adventures, and thought I'd have no trouble getting in 10 dives.

Wrong! For the first couple of days, they told us to come back when the weather was better (rain and chop). In the meantime, we did some cenote diving which was everything I'd heard it would be, and more.

Finally we went ocean diving anyway, but conditions were not good and visibility was poor. I'd have to rate the dives near the bottom of my experience.

Except for one thing, which more than made up for lousy weather, poor vis, and all the rest. We saw a whale shark! I was close enough to touch it. It was the experience of a lifetime!

I never did get in the 10 dives. I ended up getting hurt, and had to give away six of my dives.

By the way, Akumal Dive Adventures were great to work with, and I'd dive with them again. But if you want to do shore diving, try Akumal Dive Center.

For the cenotes, go directly to Dos Ojos and you'll get a great experience, but a lot cheaper than most other options.

Between you and me, the diving is a lot better at Xcalak--except for that fabulous whale shark!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom