Just picked these up at a yard sale....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k4sdi

Contributor
Reaction score
I just picked up a set of fins that look like jets, but are labeled as Dacor turbo II. I havent tried them out yet, but hey, I only paid a couple of bucks for em. Anyone heard of these?

Mark

If my memory of that decade (it was my teenage years) is
correct the Turbo and Turbo II were first produced in the mid 1970s. The "II" had vents where the other did not.

I think I have a pair or two rattling around somewhere in
my father's house.

My husband's fave fins ever (and I have gotten him a new fancy pair for every bloody holiday since we started this sport!) are a pair of rubber oldies we found used for $25. If u are not used to rubber, you are going to need a little pool time to practice & strengthen your legs. It will be worth it!

When I started diving back in 1986 I bought a set of Dacor Turbo Flex fins, I think they're the same as the Turbo II's. They were great fins, I finally replaced them just a couple of years ago after the rubber started rotting. If you got them cheap and they're in good shape I'd say you got a good deal.

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom