Just one reason why I dive in cold California: sea lions!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

asha

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I love, love, love having the chance to swim with mammals like this sea lion. I took these photos on top of the Hogan wreck two weekends ago.

California-Sea-Lion-182.jpg California-Sea-Lion-52.jpg California-Sea-Lion-42.jpg California-Sea-Lion-172.jpg California-Sea-Lion-142.jpg

More here: Why I Dive: Sea Lion Edition »

Love this picture but I'm still a wuss when it comes to water any colder than the North Florida Springs.
While the Manatees are not as cute or as agile I guess I'll have to settle for 72 degree waters of the springs.
Thoroughly enjoyed your blog on diving at Ginnie Springs, too bad the weather wasn't cooperative.

Here's one of our cute and cuddly creatures we get to play with in the springs.

Attachments

• Ali at Alexander.jpg
    Ali at Alexander.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 2,238
Last edited:
Love this picture but I'm still a wuss when it comes to water any colder than the North Florida Springs.
While the Manatees are not as cute or as agile I guess I'll have to settle for 72 degree waters of the springs.
Thoroughly enjoyed your blog on diving at Ginnie Springs, too bad the weather wasn't cooperative.

Here's one of our cute and cuddly creatures we get to play with in the springs.

Thanks David! I'm currently planning a return to North Florida in January to try again at doing my Intro Cave and to go see the manatees. That alligator is so cool! I would love to see one! Do you have to worry about aggression?

Nice pics!! Where were you diving??

Thanks! She was on the USS Hogan wreck on the Mexican border.

That alligator is so cool! I would love to see one! Do you have to worry about aggression?
Lets just say that I tend to keep a watchful eye on them.
I've never had any problems with the gators but that hasn't earned them my full trust either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom