Just one more skill left!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ice9

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Yesterday was a big day. Like a donkey, I saved all the hard stuff for last. In the morning I did the 900 yard swim, which wasn't nearly as big a deal as it sounded. Made that with 2 minutes to spare! Followed that up with the 450 swim which I barely passed, and then the skin-diving ditch & don.

It took me a good 45 minutes of trying the skin dive ditch&don before I realized the secret: Do it slow and don't be in a hurry down there. Sounds odd but every time I tried it I was in a hurry to get back to the surface. Once I slowed down I was able to do it with no problem at all!

Now the dumb part: For some stupid reason I had problems doing the scuba ditch&don in under 5 mins. I think its because I was completely wiped out from the other activities. So, one more quick trip to the pool and I can look forward to never having to do these "skills" again! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom