Just moved to Bloomington, IN / Hello!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bretagus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello everybody. As per the title, I just moved to Bloomington, IN. I just wanted to drop by this forum and introduce myself and hopefully get to meet some new dive buddies.

A little about myself - I'm a few dives shy of 100. Of those, ~50 were shore dives in New England (water temp ~50-55F, 5-20ft vis). The other ~40 were tropical boat dives, mostly in Mexico. I've got a dry suit and feel very comfortable in it, although the more practice in it the better. I've got four tanks, so visiting places w/o a compressor is no biggy.

I'm pretty swamped with work until October. Are the quarries still open around then? Any local, Bloomington dive clubs yall know about? I've still got to pay a visit to Southern Indiana Scuba, and I'm sure they can help orient me as well.

Hello again, and I hope to dive you yall soon!
-Brett

Greetings Brett!

Depends on your diving, we tend to dive till November around these parts. Dry suit; we try to extend our diving through to the next season. Check in with the Kpp in my sig and the divers in the GLWC for divers in the area!

yeah Haigh is open till the middle of Nov I belive Tina close the of or before Thanksgiving.

Welcome to the board!
Send Hoosier a PM, he also lives in the Bloomington area.

For most of us that have dry suits the season doesn't end, we just slow down a bit. There is always someplace to dive. Though with Blue Springs being the mess that it is it we might be diving even less.

Brett, Welcome to central Indiana. Make you stop into see Mark at SIS. He has a nice shop with a great staff.

Blue Springs is always open but it is slowly recovering from a flood this spring.

Bryce

Welcome to Bloomington! I have done a few of the local dives over the years but mainly been a warm water vacation diver. That may change very soon as I think I am going to get my dry cert with Mark next month as vacations do not come often enough. Check in at SIS, they are a real nice outfit.

PM if you have questions about the area as I have lived in Bloomington for 30+ years.

Mark

Thanks for all the responses!

I'm planning on heading down to SIS on Thursday or Friday, and hopefully I'll get to Blue Springs this weekend or the next. It sounds like conditions are improving over there... its been about 2 months since I've gone diving, so I think I'd be happy with just about anything.

Back
Top Bottom