Just laid on my coffee table and did the frog kick

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not really. While his individual kicks look great, he's making way too many of them. Pause between kicks and glide.

He is, of course, demonstrating the kick, so he's doing them one after another so the student will see as many as possible during the short clip :) But Walter is right, in "real life", you don't kick that fast using the frog (unless you are chasing your six foot oblivious buddies out of the cave).

SJ ... you'll know you're doing well if you don't raise any silt off the carpet!

Strange none of the videos look remotely like how a real frog swims I have never seen a frogs rear fins higher than its spine. And something about the frogs leg bio mechanics just a little different. But if you can get your ankles to touch your butt while your knees are on your chest then you never know :hm: and don't they use their front fins too? :wink:
YouTube - Pool Frogs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGuonxvHrro

Strange none of the videos look remotely like how a real frog swims I have never seen a frogs rear fins higher than its spine. And something about the frogs leg bio mechanics just a little different. But if you can get your ankles to touch your butt while your knees are on your chest then you never know :hm: and don't they use their front fins too? :wink:
YouTube - Pool Frogs

Obviously not DIR frogs . . . :lol:

Uh oh, am I going to get in trouble for that?

Uh oh, am I going to get in trouble for that?

Only if Bob reads it . . . :D

Reactions: Jax
TSandM:
He is, of course, demonstrating the kick, so he's doing them one after another so the student will see as many as possible during the short clip

True, but students tend to copy technique and pacing.

He is, of course, demonstrating the kick, so he's doing them one after another so the student will see as many as possible during the short clip :) But Walter is right, in "real life", you don't kick that fast using the frog (unless you are chasing your six foot oblivious buddies out of the cave).

When we run at "Trace Pace" for a few miles you have very little time to glide along. Of course this is training and not real world but it's always good to know if you need to rip it up you can. I feel the pain the next day for sure..... :D

SJ ... you know in your heart that the best thing you can do for this thread is to get your fins on, lay on your coffee table, start finning, and roll the video! Don't disappoint us! :wink:

Last edited:
Just avoid anything Police Story.

SJ ... you know in your heart that the best thing you can do for this thread is to get your fins on, lay on your coffee table, start finning, and roll the video! Don't disappoint us! :wink:

:chuckle: I honestly considered it while in route to soccer games tonight... But, how can I do this alone???? I need help!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom