Just installed a p-valve in my Fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqua-Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well I finally got around to installing a p-valve in my fusion. it all went well using skdvr's instructions from his thread on this topic http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/exposure-suits/264594-p-valve-install-fusion.html. Instead of gluing the gaskets onto the suit I used two gaskets made out of an old neck seal. While leak testing I had to laugh at the size of this suit, it is a size L/XL and out of the skin it is HUGE. I had to take some pictures so I could share them. 100_0476 (Small).jpg100_0478 (Small).jpg

Now it's really a USEFUL suit :)

Skydvr's Instructions are fine but here are two suggestions. A minor suggestion when marking the spot on the dry core, you can use a roller ball pen to gently poke through the outerskin and mark the inner core.

The major suggestion is to use two circular patches of "iron mend" neoprene repair material on the inside and outside of the hole in the outer skin to prevent it from fraying. It is easy to apply (put a book under the skin when ironing) works on both the sport skin and tech skin and adds greatly to the strength of the skin. It will look a lot better a hear from now than the frayed hole you'll end up with otherwise.

The major suggestion is to use two circular patches of "iron mend" neoprene repair material on the inside and outside of the hole in the outer skin to prevent it from fraying. It is easy to apply (put a book under the skin when ironing) works on both the sport skin and tech skin and adds greatly to the strength of the skin. It will look a lot better a hear from now than the frayed hole you'll end up with otherwise.

Thank you that's a great idea. where can I find the iron on patch material?

Yes I have seen that thread, very interesting reading:wink:. I have had a p-valve in my last suit for a year now and you really do get spoiled. I've had my Fusion for a couple of months now and it's been hell going without it until now.

Thank you that's a great idea. where can I find the iron on patch material?

Scratch that I just ordered some McNet patch material off Amazon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom