Just How Many Swampers Are In >>>>

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We do need to get a real roster with locations going....

Lemme think on how to accomplish this and I'll get with ya soon.

What makes a Swamper?

I suppose we count anyone who has been diving with us...that seems to be the initiation! Survive this group and become a Swamper! :approve:

I could probably go through my logbook and come up with a roster but why don't we just ask everyone to chime in and post here.

For the Houston Honcho/Honchoritas....if you've been diving out at Twin Lakes with the bunch, post it here and tell us what part of town you live in.

Beaumont area here, I guess we're part of the Houston group though :)

family here in Southeast Texas. Since the Beaumont-Port Arthur area only has Smith Lake in Vidor for it's claim to fame, I think the Houston crowd should adopt us!

subject says it and Twin Lakes is the place.

I've been out a few times....does that count?

BTW dee I've got some specific ideas for your UW map project.

here is what I sent to Ranz this morning via private message:
The Neptune Divers International Texas Swamp Diving Team is an informal club in the sense that we

1. don't have formal officers
2. don't have a budget or money account
3. don't have regular "on the calendar" meetings

that I see defines a "formal" club like the Scubadillos, Diving Rebels, or Finz.

What we do have is a good group of people shepherded by "Team Leaders" (our experienced divers who helped start the Team last year). We kinda sorta meet on a daily basis through the forum. And any member is allowed to announce a team dive on a particular date at a particular location. Topside social events are also encouraged.

And the agreed upon purpose of the group is to provide a chance for like minded divers who enjoy our local diving facilities (aka the lakes, ponds, stock tanks, and quarries) to find one another and do what we enjoy best....GO DIVING.

We are a branch of the larger group being developed on ScubaBoard known as Neptune Divers International. This has been an ongoing project of LadyDiver and King_Neptune (the owner's of the board) for quite a while. And once "officially" announced and launched, will have lots of benefits of membership.

Membership in the NDI-TSDT is simple. Just show up at an official dive or topside function where one of the Team Leaders is present and have them sign off in your log book.

Current Team Leaders are:
TexasMike (Denton, TX)
TwoBitTxn (The Colony)
Michelle (TwoBit's Wife)
Corsair (Decatur)
SeaWolf (Decatur)
Texass (Duncanville)
CavernQT (Mesquite)
Dee (Houston)
Beast (Houston)
ScubaTexasTony (Houston and East Texas)
Damsel Fish (Austin)

Others will be added as we grow.

The best way to keep up with us is to participate in our forum here on ScubaBoard. And show up when possible when we go diving.

I hope this answered your questions. Lemme know if you have more.

--Mike
What's described above has been what I said at Lake Travis back in May and what you Houston folks have been promoting here on the board and at Twin Lakes.

So that's my take on this. If you've got any questions or comments, I welcome them.

Consider ya'll adopted! Chris has proven that anyone who drives 2 hours every Wednesday evening for just a couple of dives deserved to be adopted into the family!

So...will we see you Saturday? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom