Just Graduated to a D200!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oh...you're killing me.

I want one soooooo bad. I find myself sorta wondering when my housing will flood.

I bought the Tom Hogan's guide to the d-100. You have to read it for it to work, huh? I thought it was pretty complicated.

catherine96821:
oh...you're killing me.

I want one soooooo bad. I find myself sorta wondering when my housing will flood.

I bought the Tom Hogan's guide to the d-100. You have to read it for it to work, huh? I thought it was pretty complicated.

Hey catherine, yep. it's pretty sweet! I'm taking a couple D200 courses offered by my local camera shop. I think that should sort things out nicely. I completely agree with everyone that says the camera doesn't take great pictures...its the person behind it that knows the camera. :wink:

I haven't looked through the book you mentioned yet but some of them can be pretty overwhelming for people that get pleasure by watching bubbles... :D I've got my fingers crossed.

WannaLaguna:
THANKS JOEWR! That's some great stuff there! Everythings is coming into better focus now....please don't booo I know that was terrible!!

Hi,

I am glad that I could help. But do not forget what ALCINA said about nomenclature: They are flat ports and dome ports.

And, again, do not hesitate to ask questions of all of us. It is fun to share your joy!:blinking: It is sort of like vicariously purchasing a D200!:D

joewr

catherine96821:
oh...you're killing me.

I think you'd do well with more lenses..
Maybe that 10.5mm Fisheye?

[/hijack]

Wannalaguna, congrats on the D200 purchase!
I think you'll find a commonality on most sites, that we all love spending other people's money :D.

Looking forward to your pics :14:

Jamdiver:
I think you'll find a commonality on most sites, that we all love spending other people's money :D.

Looking forward to your pics :14:

hehehe... I know! It's like free beer... it always tastes soooo much better! :eyebrow:

I can't wait to post some pics! First I have to get to know this camera inside and out...oh yeah... and buy a housing and lighting rig. Jam, do you have the fisheye lens?

Thanks all for your support and advice! I'll let you know what I learn at my classes this coming week... maybe I can give something back.

Dive Safe,

Jeff.

WannaLaguna:
hehehe... I know! It's like free beer... it always tastes soooo much better! :eyebrow:

I can't wait to post some pics! First I have to get to know this camera inside and out...oh yeah... and buy a housing and lighting rig. Jam, do you have the fisheye lens?

Thanks all for your support and advice! I'll let you know what I learn at my classes this coming week... maybe I can give something back.

Dive Safe,

Jeff.

Hehe, no I don't have the Nikon 10.5mm lens......... i'm a Canon guy.. :11: :11:
Just like helping out fellow u/w photogs..

They're a number of rather informative threads about the 10.5mm and other wide offerings on wetpixel, which you may see here-

http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8105&hl=Nikon+fisheye
http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4597&hl=Nikon+fisheye
http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8769&hl=Nikon+fisheye

WannaLaguna:

Dive Safe,

Jeff.

Jeff, if you want to play around with any of the lenses I have, let me know. This will give you an idea of how wide the lenses are, and how close you can focus, that sort of thing. I have the 10.5mm, 12-24mm, 18-70mm, 60mm micro, and 105mm micro and add on diopters.

If you're around for March 22, I am running a free (gasp) u/w photo clinic at Divesource in the evening. There's going to be a ton of people there, so it will be fairly busy (last year it was packed to the rafters), but I will have all my gear there too so you can check it out. Otherwise, I'd be happy to do so whenever if I am around.

Is there a diopter that I could add externally to my ike flat port to allow me to get really really small stuff using the 60mm lens or do I need to go to the 105mm. Like the versatility of the 60, but every once in a while I get something that is just too small or is buried so I can't get close enough. Would be nice to be able to switch in the water.

I think I have seen such a thing but not sure if it will do what I want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom