Just got the dc1400

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swelbo1

Registered
Reaction score
I just got my fiancee the dc1400 for Christmas. We have never owned a dive camera and will be using it mainly in belize and the rest of the Caribbean. Should I be stoked about the quality of this product and the ease of use? Also, should I go ahead and get a strobe and which one, if so? Thanks

Congrats! It is very easy to use. You should definitely get a strobe.. the Sealife Pro strobe is the one to go for, with the DC 1400. - Scott

I just got my fiancee the dc1400 for Christmas. We have never owned a dive camera and will be using it mainly in belize and the rest of the Caribbean. Should I be stoked about the quality of this product and the ease of use? Also, should I go ahead and get a strobe and which one, if so? Thanks

I too have the DC1400 which I upgraded from the DC800. I do have dual strobes on mine and it makes a HUGE difference. I really like the piano style keys for getting to the video recording quickly, it has enabled me to catch some nice video that would have not been possible with the DC800.

I've had mine since early November...seems pretty easy to work in the auto set up feature. Has many nice features and seems to make a good point and shoot land camera as well. Play with it a lot before using. I dave fresh water but found the blue and green water settings dont help much here but its prob different in true blue water. So far I am happy with it.

i just picked up my DC 1400 today with strobe... i cant wait to use it in feb.
i played around with it a lot today, very easy to use and set up. hope the pictures turn out as nice as my cannon powershot S5IS Digital SLR type camera ( not a slr but same style and lots of manual control)

So what is the deal with WA lens and the 1400? Rumor has it that the 1400 does not need or accept a WA lens? Kinda confused.

I believe they will come out with a WA lens for the DC1400 sometime early this year. As soon as it comes out, we'll test it and post some results. - Scott

I have the DC1400 with a single strobe and was going to purchase the video light or should I get the another strobe

I too, am looking at the DC1400 for an upcoming dive trip. I've previously used a friend's camera and strobe setup. My questions about the DC1400 concern its ability for manual controls. Does it allow setting of f-stop and shutter speeds? If I have to choose between the video light (LED) or the strobe, which would you go with and why? I've been a photographer for years, and have taken many pics underwater, but looking for a good system with good lighting without breaking the bank for a DSLR/housing/strobe type setup that will cost several thousand dollars... A few of my pics from my friend's camera with me behind the button...
IMAG0356.jpg
IMAG0333.jpg
IMAG0202.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom