Just got New Pros. Need boot advice !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJay32

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,
I just bought new force fin pros in size large. I did not purchase the bungie or the comfort step at this time. I need advice regarding boots to use with the fins.

Is there anything that works particularly well with the force fins? Please keep in mind that I am a size 10 and the fin size is large.

I am so excited to make these splash in the Philippines in March. Should I hit the pool before diving with them?

Thanks,
J

Look forward to hearing about your time in the Philippines- amazing diving. If you are barefoot or thin aqua sock you will be OK, but A size 10 from our experience is size XL, but that depends if you have a narrow foot a Large might be good. I personally always size up and plan on using a comfort instep to accommodate different gear set ups. Where did you get the advice of a size Large?
There are a variety of different styles of boots from DEEP SEA - Aqualung these are just two of them.
Deep See: Part of the Aqua Lung Family of Brands
Deep See: Part of the Aqua Lung Family of Brands

I wear a size 10 boot.

With my Large FF's I wear either a short boot or a 3mm - both with light soles. Or I wear them barefoot with the comfort inserts.

With a 5 mm boot with heavy soles, I need XL's.

The XL's don't work for me with the lighter boots and the comfort insoles - tight on the top and loose on the sides (wobble).

Hope that helps.

I would exchange the fins for a size XL, or maybe even bigger. I am a size 9, and I use a L with booties. However I can not use the L with my drysuit booties (soft boot), and a rubber soled bootie. I wish I would have purchased the XL, but they were used, a good deal, and they work for any wet diving I do. I can also dive them dry with just my soft booty, but then my booty has no protection, and could get a hole in it walking through the parking lot.

If these are new, I'd move up the size as your feet are one size larger than mine, and I wish mine were an XL.

I am stuck with the size large as I got them off of ebay. They were stock from a closing dive shop. Sounds like I am looking at mating these with a 3mm soft sole. I am really a size 9.5-10.0...i think it will be OK. I will never be using a dry suit. Wish I could have fit some hard soles in there. Thanks for the feedback!!!!

stick with thin soled booties and you should be ok, so long as there is some room left in them. I found I really like the Pinnacle Stealth Fin Sock, its one of the thinnest soles that I have used and plenty warm for a 3mm. For a little more sole, but still thin their Comber would be great as well

Back
Top Bottom