Just got my Halcyon canister light.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It does mount pretty nice on the acb pockets, but as Wreck Writer says, I think it would be much more stable on the waist strap.

Whats the difference between the acb and the acb plus?

Im thinking my acb system will be for sale on ebay soon also!

Later

Dave

Dave,

The ACB plus hold 15 lbs per side rather than 10 and has the buckle/strap for the light. I think that's what you have.

Big O once bubbled...
It does mount pretty nice on the acb pockets, but as Wreck Writer says, I think it would be much more stable on the waist strap.

Whats the difference between the acb and the acb plus?

Im thinking my acb system will be for sale on ebay soon also!

Later

Dave

ACB holds 30lbs(15lb per side) of weight.Has attachment for cannister light

ACB+ holds 20lbs(10lb per side) of weight and no attachment for cannister light

I use a weighbelt from heath here on the board.It works great and doesnt interfere with my light.

I stand corrected. I had it reversed.

They are now calling it ACB30 and ACB20 instead of the cryptic + and no +.

Helped with trim. Harder to ditch, even though I had it rigged with quick disconnects.

It will interfere with any stage bottles that you are carrying.

I found it to be just fine for single tank rec dives.

This is a Pro 6 with the old style HID head.

Peter Doege

I have the Halcyon ACB (with buckle) and the Helios 18w HID. I mount my cannister switch-up on the right-hand strap the ACB provides for that purpose, but I find it very difficult to reach the switch when I'm geared up. I'm not the most limber person in the world & the dry-suit doesn't make it any easier, but that around-and-back reach is a killer. I've thought of flipping the can switch-down (can reach that end just fine) but since I've got the light head on a helmet mount, the cord would be too short. For hand-held, that would be the way to go!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom