Just got certified in Maui now have a few ?'s about Oahu and Air Consumption

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pennywise, a lot depends on the instructors you have access to. It sounds like what you need right now is not new stuff to learn, but improvement in the basic skills you've already been taught. A good peak performance buoyancy class could help, but not all of them are worth very much. You might actually get a lot more out of diving with an experienced mentor (again depending on the mentor!)

From Lodi, where do you normally dive? If it's Monterey, there are a lot of experienced Monterey divers on this board, and you could ask to hook up with one of them for a weekend, and see if they can help you sort out gear and weighting and so on.

I don't have any skilled mentors that I know of in my area. I am from Santa Cruz, so I do travel there quite often and there are some great dive sites all around Monterey Bay. I would love to SCUBA Tahoe as well. Once I get my own gear, I am going to be hitting the water on a regular basis, and will most likely be taking a Rescue Diver course sometime in the next few months, I've decided once I get air consumption down, I'll be able to do deeper and longer dives and will take my advanced course at that time.

Back
Top Bottom