Just Finished

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

College Diver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just sent the app in today for review, should have my number in a couple of weeks...
I have to say that while nothing in the content of the course was difficult to digest, the process as a whole was indeed challenging.
I think the hardest portion was the buddy-breathing equipment exchange. My partner and I got it the first time out, but it wasn't easy. I don't think we would have managed it as well if it hadn't been for the reminder to take it easy and go slow.

From here I think I am going to kick it with the PADI training for now, spend some time helping with classes for a couple years before moving on. Besides, the training I am most interested in pursuing for personal endeavor at this point is technical training, which I start next month.

Thanks to all of you who post to this thread on where you are at, how you got thorough, and any tips you have passed along - it really did help.

Congrats! Although I did not do the buddy breathing, gear exchange in my Dive Con class, I think each course all have their own challenges. Ours was having to take a couple of "wayward divers/ students" (other instructors) on an open water dive. You know,... divers going in all directions, stirring up the bottom, going places they shouldn't be. In my instructor class, it was much worse, I had a full class of these divers. Let's just say it wasn't pretty, but in the end I did manage to round everyone up & get them to the surface.

Congrats College Diver!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom