just finished my first evening dive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

local76sparky

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Wow! So excited right now!! Just got home from a dive. Hit the water at about 7pm or so. Dove for 38 min and down to 74ft. The temp gauge is analog (still renting some equipt) and says 40 straight up. A little chilly for a wetsuit I must admit.:D After about 30 min or so i was ready to get out and get warmed up. Not to cold to keep me from wanting to get back in this weekend though:wink:. Saw plenty of rock fish, and ling cod and just critters. Anyways just had to tell someone and figured this was a great place to start! Happy diving!!

You guys with the Great Whites out there have some "KoHones", at night is even more challenging. I'll stick to the "nightlife" on land after a dive.

Congrats on the night dive. I think the first night dive is one of the most enjoyable and memorable aspects of diving.

I like night diving much more than day diving for most dive sites around here.

Doing it in a wetsuit is rough however. I've done it but I certainly don't miss it:)

Where did you dive?

Just dove at Les Davis Marine Park here off of Tacomas water front. Its where I did my cert at so getting back in the water for the first time since Oct (in Maui no less) this was sort of a comfort level for me.

I hope at some point to at least try a dry suit out. After a dive like today I could see it. It didnt seem as cold this past summer but it sill wasnt horrible. Both of the guys that i was diving with were in a dry suit and definately rubbed it in. :D They did say that they were pretty impressed that i lasted as long as i did for being wet.

There certainly seemed to be more activity this evening then in the past but was bummed to not have the wolfies out tonight. have seen them in the past and they might be my favorite to see thus far.

Try to get over to Hood Canal sometime and dive Sund Rock and you will see plenty of Wolf Eels.

Sunrise (Park), just outside of Gig Harbor is my favorite site down that way. It's current sensitive (Sund Rock is not) and you should see Wolf Eels and Giant Pacific Octo's there as well.

Any dive at night is at the very least a decent dive!

I really, really, really, really like a night dive if it is on a shallow reef or a deep wreck and there are no more than three or four of us. I will never, never, never, never dive in water cold enough to wear a drysuit or more than a 3mm shorty or full suit.

I am still waiting for the opportunity to do my first night dive.
Have to say that I am trying hard to push myself to do it.

I know exactly where I want to do it and who I want to do it with, the prospect of the little night critters on the reef is making it easier to consider.

You sound so thrilled that I am thinking even harder!

Rach xx

I really, really, really, really like a night dive if it is on a shallow reef or a deep wreck and there are no more than three or four of us. I will never, never, never, never dive in water cold enough to wear a drysuit or more than a 3mm shorty or full suit.

I'm with you bud :)

One of the best dives I had was an evening shore dive in Roatan. Got to watch the reef go to sleep and then wake up again. It was awesome. Four of us in a protected reef area... simply awesome.

Jon

Grouse!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom