Just finished exams!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ontwreckdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I just finished my exams!

I aced the physics. My TDI advanced Nitrox manual was a big help when studying the formulas. It broke them down a lot better than the encyclopedia.
I would recomend to try and get your hands on one to study the formulas.

Congrats. The exams reminded me of college chemistry. I think we covered the gas law better in chemistry than they did in physics. My worst score was equipments. I couldn't remember how a J valve has to be filled (lever down). Had problems sorting out the balanced vs. unbalanced - and how they worked. But still passed. I think I got 100 on the physics. I should have done much better on the physiology ... but kinda skimpt on it assuming I knew it well already.

The tables/wheels were the most difficult, not in mastering, just in the complexity of the problems. They wanted EXACT answer, so you can not guess. I messed up as I was mixing metric and imperial (using meter in depth and lbs in mass), so my answers were not exactly right. In the work book, you could do it and get the right answer due to the multiple choice. But in the DM exams, they expect an exact answer. Still passed....

It was really hard for me to take the exam, as it was done in a crowded hall ways with little kids running by. The instructor was chatting with another one, who was making fun of me, and I had to listen in. If it was done in a quiet environment, it would have been much better.

I felt the materials I studied for my DM did a much better job logically explaining the physics than the TDI Adv Nitrox manual. So far I've been quite unimpressed with the TDI manual. However, I was actually suprisingly impressed by the PADI Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving.

Congrats on finishing up the exams.

fisherdvm

Doing the TDI Advanced Nitrox just this last fall definitely helped with the physics as the formulas and everything was still fresh in my brain.I had a tough time remembering about the J valve too. I was lucky there was only 2 questions on the wheel. I went 1 for 2. I think I got 2 wrong on the Physiology.

I wish I had the TDI advanced nitrox manual before I took the test. It is a great resource I just recently read the manual.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom