just discovering the problem with suunto transmitters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting statement given that you clearly have an issue with people expressing opinions different from yours… lol
My sincere congratulations.

I am out of words... you are simply amazing! Not only you managed to exposed me with an express psychological evaluation BUT you got a like from momo, what a beast of a man, with 1 shot, 2 birds and a potential lover... wow.

ps. That 'lol' at the end... that really hurt me man. Your're evil... in a sexy way :wink: (go momo, fetch).

Change of battery on Suunto DC does not require anything other than a proper sized screw driver, new battery and a O-ring. The whole process does not take more than 5 mins and cost peanut.
Any experienced divers would carry spare battery for the trip or even change it before.
"Warranty"? I never renew it on anything that I had bought. And I certainly would not pay excess to have certain trivial work done eg. change of battery on DC just because I want to keep the warranty.

Suunto? I left them in the shop.
I know Charlie, it can be confusing, like your orthography.

Let me try to explain it again just in case you are allergic to those peanuts...

I am not referring to the DC / Transmitter normal warranty period, that someone need to be really STUPID to purposely void (no judging). I am saying that, IF and WHEN any authorized dealer performs ANY type of service work, that work has to be WARRANTED under LAW. Meaning, if something happens to it after servicing, you are officially covered.

This is not applicable only to Dive Centers but to ALL authorized dealers in the majority of civilized countries.

It is a choice. You and others prefer to save time and 15€ per year and I as well as many others prefer to pay, get the product tested and with a warranty. Nothing to do with skills, experience nor peanuts.

First of all, I have to say that I am impressed with your mathematic calculations. I would need a calculator to get to the same conclusion. 2 hours if you take it in. In my case, it is a 13 min drive to the nearest authorized dealer so, let's say 30-45 min tops give or take. I know, I know: Those 40 min every 2 years could be a massive waste of time if I manage to live long enough to celebrate my 118 Birthday...

Also, that speed, precision and mechanical inclination of yours is WAY above the average bloke, legendary lv. I would say SO please don't compare yourself with the rest of us, incompetent apes.

AND, I checked the web only to find that the 2 hours express service is NOT exclusive in Germany, some UK dealers do it as well, go figure... IF only we could pick-up our smartphones and make an appointment in advance... of course, that would be like asking you to eat lava so crazy task I guess...

ps. What is a screwdriver?
In summary, you’ll unscrew the transmitters, drive three hours round trip, hang around for another hour in the shop and pay them €50 EACH — plus the €50 fuel and a day of your time.

On the other hand you could have bought quality kit in the first place and changed the batteries in less than a minute.

Strange logic

It is a choice. You and others prefer to save time and 15€ per year and I as well as many others prefer to pay, get the product tested and with a warranty. Nothing to do with skills, experience nor peanuts.
Personal choice?
If it is not yours then it is wrong!!!!! LOL.

In summary, you’ll unscrew the transmitters, drive three hours round trip, hang around for another hour in the shop and pay them €50 — plus the €50 fuel and a day of your time.

On the other hand you could have bought quality kit in the first place and changed the batteries in less than a minute.

Strange logic
Amazing right...?

The 35 min became 3 hours like magic... and then changed into a full day!!! AND I have to hang around in a Dive Shop, that doesn't have hundreds of gear related to Diving for me to browse and enjoy myself... I could even spend more money in a spontaneous purchase and throw away my early budget planning!!!

Also the 38€ transformed into 50€... I don't know how you do it... can you multiply fish as well like in the Bible? Please say yes.

ps. In the previous post you managed to change the batteries in 2min, now it became less than a minute. Shall I assume that the 3d time the batteries will change themselves while you sleep?

Personal choice?
If it is not yours then it is wrong!!!!! LOL.
Says who momo, the guy that wants to limit the amount of comments / pages?

It seems that if anyone choses Suunto or to service their gear in an authorized dealers it is a dive crime.

STOP eating peanuts. Please.

Amazing right...?

The 35 min became 3 hours like magic... and then changed into a full day!!! AND I have to hang around in a Dive Shop, that doesn't have hundreds of gear related to Diving for me to browse and enjoy myself... I could even spend more money in a spontaneous purchase and throw away my early budget planning!!!

Also the 38€ transformed into 50€... I don't know how you do it... can you multiply fish as well like in the Bible? Please say yes.

ps. In the previous post you managed to change the batteries in 2min, now it became less than a minute. Shall I assume that the 3d time the batteries will change themselves while you sleep?
In summary, you’ll unscrew the transmitters, drive three hours round trip 35 minutes each way, hang around for another hour in the shop and pay them €50 €38 EACH — plus the €50 €10 fuel and a day load of your time.

Strange logic

In summary, you’ll unscrew the transmitters, drive three hours round trip 35 minutes each way, hang around for another hour in the shop and pay them €50 €38 EACH — plus the €50 €10 fuel and a day load of your time.

Strange logic
So while you accuse me of trying to impose my opinion over other's opinions, you are trying to dismiss my decision.

Strange logic.

I wrote several times that it is a matter of choice. You chose to do it yourself while I chose to have an extended warranty for the job done. There's nothing more to it.

Did I said anywhere that I don't enjoy spending some time every 2 years on a Dive Store? Who of us doesn't like to be around new dive gear? Should this experience be painful?

Also, if this wasn't clear by now, 40-50€ mean absolutely nothing for me. I don't know in what part I gave you the impression that I am homeless...

ps. You define quality by having the option of self-servicing batteries? Android user I guess?

This is so freaking entertaining. One side is trying to convince the other that vanilla is better than chocolate flavor when the other side is stating that strawberry is better. I say, screw you all, chocolate is best and anyone preferring anything else is wrong and should be locked up away from humanity!!!

Love you all!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom