Just curious, anyone using solid state sensors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetb4igetinthewater

Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I know their really expensive, but I was curious of any real world experience. Please only those who have used them personally respond.

wetb4, Yes I am using them on my Poseidon Se7en + Tec CCR. Two SSO2's in the E-module with a M-28 monitoring that CAN Bus, and a SSO2 in my C-Pod (3ed. cell in inhale CL tee) with a second M-28 just for that. I LOVE these SSO2 sensors. Spot on accurate, fast response and never needing replacement (supposedly) !

As I'm having the wiring overhauled in my Prism2 where the connectors will be the same as for the Poseidon, that now gets to be an option.

I'd like to get more anecdotal data. FB may be where I look. Thanks for sharing. This helps.

Reactions: OTF
As I'm having the wiring overhauled in my Prism2 where the connectors will be the same as for the Poseidon, that now gets to be an option.

I'd like to get more anecdotal data. FB may be where I look. Thanks for sharing. This helps.
Can you share some more info on this? I was under the impression that nearly other rebreathers (prism included) are set up for unpowered, analog sensors and therefor cannot directly interface with the powered, digital Poseidon sensors without a DAC or seriously revised boards. Does Hollis have some kind of deal with Poseidon to make it happen now? How does it work?

Can you share some more info on this? I was under the impression that nearly other rebreathers (prism included) are set up for unpowered, analog sensors and therefor cannot directly interface with the powered, digital Poseidon sensors without a DAC or seriously revised boards. Does Hollis have some kind of deal with Poseidon to make it happen now? How does it work?
I really can't. Hollis is certainly not involved. It is something I'm only considering, not doing at this time.

Seems like a big waste of money. Just buy some good sensors and a backup set. You can probably buy sensors for 30 years for what the solid state unit costs.

@davehicks

You are taking this thread in a direction I'd rather not take. The cost of solid state sensors is not a factor. The price could double and I still wouldn't care.

I only care about people's experience to get a feel of actual performance based on people's experiences.

Reactions: OTF

I read this a bit ago,
Doesn't sound like its plug and play,
DIY sounds like you're going to have to do some programming,
I would be very interested in this for home builds..

From my research the sold state sensors are used in other applications,
But only to 40%o2, if my memory is correct,,, that's where Poseidon seems to have it locked up,
But I want to wait till there are more manufacturers and not just one maker,

I don't have any experience with them in a rebreather but do have about 6 years of industrial use with the same cells from the OEM. They work great, well worth the cost from the OEM and the minute @Shearwater or Divesoft can plug into them or the M28 can read 2x cells, I'm converting my rebreather over.

I know one person who has one, of course on a Poseidon. His comment, it works. That is all there is to it. Not enough of them in the wild for a long enough time to know the long term stuff on it.

Just waiting for the proprietary lock up to end. Get them to the rest of the market. Eventually.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom