Just curious, anyone using solid state sensors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just occurred to me, how well do these things handle a flood? I don't think I have ever seen info on that.

Just occurred to me, how well do these things handle a flood? I don't think I have ever seen info on that.
they're sealed so they do better than galvanic cells, but if you had a full flood under pressure I'm not sure how well they'd fail. They have videos of them immersed in a glass of water and still reading fine

I don't have any experience with them in a rebreather but do have about 6 years of industrial use with the same cells from the OEM. They work great, well worth the cost from the OEM and the minute @Shearwater or Divesoft can plug into them or the M28 can read 2x cells, I'm converting my rebreather over.
That's still a pretty strong endorsement.

this is the OEM for reference.

look familiar?
1643050791128.png

1643050819083.png

1643050877253.png

Edit: if you want to mess with them, you can get the sample kit and use them in nitrox sticks or O2 analyzers. Sadly the FDO2-EXT has an analog output, but 100% is 5000mV so you can't just get it and a battery and connect to a regular analyzer, but you could easily connect it to something like a Trihunter, may need to call Wayne about that... IIRC the evaluation kit is something like $700-800 ish?

this is the OEM for reference.

look familiar?
View attachment 702763

View attachment 702764
View attachment 702765

Edit: if you want to mess with them, you can get the sample kit and use them in nitrox sticks or O2 analyzers. Sadly the FDO2-EXT has an analog output, but 100% is 5000mV so you can't just get it and a battery and connect to a regular analyzer, but you could easily connect it to something like a Trihunter, may need to call Wayne about that... IIRC the evaluation kit is something like $700-800 ish?

You actually work with these?

According to spec its 100% o2
And 200%
what is different for 200%
Does the output voltage shift?
Like 5000mv = 200%????
I really want to be able to calibrate it myself not factory.

You actually work with these?

According to spec its 100% o2
And 200%
what is different for 200%
Does the output voltage shift?
Like 5000mv = 200%????
I really want to be able to calibrate it myself not factory.
Last job we had several, but none were under pressure so we didn't have the 200% ones.
These do not output voltage, they output a digital signal. The FXo2-EXT is a module that converts the digital signal to analog output, on the Poseidon there is no analog signals used and in industry we used them integrated into the PLC's so it was always all digital

Last job we had several, but none were under pressure so we didn't have the 200% ones.
These do not output voltage, they output a digital signal. The FXo2-EXT is a module that converts the digital signal to analog output, on the Poseidon there is no analog signals used and in industry we used them integrated into the PLC's so it was always all digital
I think people are forgetting that there's an ADC in the system with the analog sensors. Having a design that takes a digital signal directly from a solid state sensor makes engineering sense (remove a DAC and ADC), but maybe not economic sense (due to exceptionally low volume).

I really can't. Hollis is certainly not involved. It is something I'm only considering, not doing at this time.
Talking about extensive modifications already? Do you even have 100 hours on this Prism 2?

Talking about extensive modifications already? Do you even have 100 hours on this Prism 2?
Richard, seriously, why do you even care? This is one of the frustrating aspects of attempting to have discussions on SB. I'm an EE by education, embedded software engineer by profession. I'm looking at this from a technology point of view, and in my short time on my unit, I have experienced some shortcomings.

May we please stick to people's actual real world experience? I really don't care what people's opinions are about my own experience, nor am I interested in people's opinion with no relevant experience. Taking @tbone1004 's earlier comment. While he does not have personal experience with diving with these sensors, he has professional experience with the technology. That's incredibly valuable. Your questions are not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom