Just Conversation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Four guys have been going diving for many years.

Two days before the group is to leave, Mike's wife puts her foot down and tells him he isn't going.

Mike's friends are very upset that he can't go, but what can they do.

Two days later the three get to Vortex only to find Mike sitting there with the camper set up, planes out, and dinner cooking on the grill.

"Damn man, how long you been here, and how did you talk your wife into letting you go?"

"Well, I've been here since yesterday.

Yesterday evening, I was sitting in my chair and my wife came up behind me and put her hands over my eyes and said, 'Guess who?'"

I pulled her hands off, and she was wearing a brand new see through nightie.

She took my hand and pulled me to our bedroom.

The room had candles and rose pedals all over.

On the bed she had handcuffs, and ropes!

She told me to tie and cuff her to the bed, and I did.

And then she said, "Do what ever you want."

So, Here I am.

Stacia's facebook account got hacked.

The person tried getting me to send them money, because they claimed "she" was stranded in London, she had been mugged at gunpoint, and they took her cash, credit cards and cell phone (nice touch, this way you don't feel inclined to call).

"She" was ok, had a flight home today, but needed to get her hotel bills straightened out.

If I would just send her some money.

I had my suspicions (as I later admitted to her, I am by nature, paranoid) and asked her a couple questions I was sure she would be able to answer.

The person avoided the questions.

I called Matt, who was able to call her, and she changed her account password.

It was a very convincing scam. I felt guilty about doubting it was her, and I felt I should give her money, even though I don't know her that well. How do you say no to a story like that?

So, for all you Facebook users out there. Be wary. This one could cost you.

I was in a tax seminar a week ago and the same scam was being done over the phone. An elderly woman was called saying that her grandson was in jail and needed $750 to get out and had to have it within the next 15 minutes. She could not get her son or grandson to answer their cell phones so she sent the money. It turns out the son and grandson were both at work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom