Just bought a Vintage Aqua-Lung Regulator!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBrett22

Lionfish Slayer
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just bought my first vintage regulator!! I got a Aqua-Lung Da-"aqua-master" 2 stage regulator!!! i added some pictures tell me if you think this was a good buy!! :D

Attachments

• PICT5190.jpg
    PICT5190.jpg
    413.5 KB · Views: 289
  • PICT5196.jpg
    PICT5196.jpg
    410.1 KB · Views: 253
  • PICT5193.jpg
    PICT5193.jpg
    422.7 KB · Views: 252
Congrats!!! Get that puppy serviced and have fun!!!

Congrats!!! Get that puppy serviced and have fun!!!

I think i might get it framed and pass it down to my kids :) its in perfect condition and has not been used in the water maybe just ounce.. xD

I just bought my first vintage regulator!! I got a Aqua-Lung Da-"aqua-master" 2 stage regulator!!! i added some pictures tell me if you think this was a good buy!! :D

It depends. Is it restored and how much did you pay?

What is the regulator next to it in the picture?

It depends. Is it restored and how much did you pay?

What is the regulator next to it in the picture?

same condition been used ounce lol and it was next to another Aqualung dual hose

I think i might get it framed and pass it down to my kids :) its in perfect condition and has not been used in the water maybe just ounce.. xD

If that is all you want to do with it you could have just as well bought a picture of it.

The reg is a mid 60s to early 70s, wheather you got a good deal depends on what you paid. $100ish is the going rate on ebay unless some fools run the price up. Reguardless of what it looks like on the outside I strongly suggest you get a DH tech to look at it before diving it. I have yet to see one that was even close to dive worthy that had not been restored. All the parts are available to totally restore it to better than new diving condition. To my knowledge, there are only 2 DH techs who service regs, your LDS will not touch it and you really don't want them to anyway so plan on shipping it off if you want it serviced....Most of us do our own service work on them.
If you intend to dive it, I encourage you to get it serviced and then find a local DH diving mentor to help you along. DH regs work well but are a little different than modern regs and require a little different technique to dive them at their best. My reg of choice these days is a DAAM with a Phoenix conversion, if I am not with a class or in a drysuit, it is the reg I am using.

Here is the lowdown on where you can go with that rig. In that condition I wouldn't bother with refinishing as it has a nice classic look.

Pete

Congratulations--you should get the experience of diving this regulator! Just so you'll have it, here is the other choice for getting the DA Aquamaster serviced:

Contact Vintage Scuba Supply

SeaRat

Back
Top Bottom