Just bought a Mares Polarfit...Have Questions!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rustyshakelford

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey!

I just bought a mares polarfit for a steal of a deal new and had a few questions.

Is there any special care for it?

Should I bother with it in summer months in the Houston area or just use my 5mm?

Do you have any tips or hints? Im working on scheduling a training class for it.

I just bought a large Ranger LTD. Will everything work well together. Ill buy a BP/W in the fall

What types of undergarments can I wear? would light weight normal long johns work or would I need more?

thanks and anything else youll think of would be great

brett

Hey!

I just bought a mares polarfit for a steal of a deal new and had a few questions.

Is there any special care for it?

You will learn about care in your class, but basics are keep the zipper clean and waxed. Keep the suit away from electric motors or heaters that produce ozone, which is hard on the latex seals. Store it properly when not in use (Per the manual)

Should I bother with it in summer months in the Houston area or just use my 5mm?
Depends on what your water temps are. I use my suit all year long if I am going to be in anything deeper than about 30ft of water. In the summer it will be smokin hot on the surface so make sure you drink plenty of water...

Do you have any tips or hints? Im working on scheduling a training class for it.
Take the class. You will learn what you need to there...

I just bought a large Ranger LTD. Will everything work well together. Ill buy a BP/W in the fall
Should work fine. There would be no reason that any BC would not work just fine with your DS

What types of undergarments can I wear? would light weight normal long johns work or would I need more?
No Cotton.... Ouside of that it will depend on what your water temps are and what your personal tolerance to cold is. You will end up with several diffferent undergarments for different times of year and/or water temps.

thanks and anything else youll think of would be great
Take the class and have FUN!!!!

Phil

i have a few dives on the drysuit in 53 degree water and love it! diving dry is the way to go!

i gonna take it for a spin in some 60 degree water on the 15th and well see how she does then. if i dont get to hot, ill be diving it until the water gets about 80 or higher

brett

oh yeah...i sent the ranger back before i dove it and switched to a transplate and im very glad i made the switch!

Back
Top Bottom