Just Bought a Legend LX - Question....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So because it seems that would trust the word of some unknown to you person on the Internet vs what an authorized dealer (four of them no less)

Nah, he doesn't trust us. If he did, he'd had spent half the money and bought the Hog D1. He asks for opinions but that won't believe anything he's told regardless of who tells him.

Do you have a point or do you just like to argue?

N

How am I arguing?

It has been said on SB numerous times that the Legend and the Titan LX are basically the same. As someone who has disassembled both I expected you to be in a position to discuss the differences. Your response was the first stages are different which seems to be condescending as anyone can look at the them and see the bodies are different. If physical appearances is all you care about then I don't understand why you disassembled the regulator in the first place.

---------- Post Merged at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Nah, he doesn't trust us. If he did, he'd had spent half the money and bought the Hog D1. He asks for opinions but that won't believe anything he's told regardless of who tells him.

Not only that but the question is rather dumb. The LDS let him pick from 15 boxes because he is superstitious. He picks a sealed random box which contains an assembled regulator. The LDS tells him that is the way they come but he does not believe them and calls 4 more dive shops that tells him the exact same thing. But he still does not believe and needs to ask us. I am sure he will call Aqualung next.

BTW: My Conshelf 21 came assembled as did every other reg I bought as a package.

The first stages use a different service kit.

According to the Aqualung service manual (2006) the seat and diaphragm are the same (have the same part number) for the two regulators. So the only difference in the kits are the O-rings and maybe the filter (I haven't checked). Some companies add extra o-rings to the service kits to make them able to service more than one regulator while others don't because they don't want a tech to make a mistake and insert an incorrect o-ring. For example an Apeks DS4, DST, and FSR look different but use the same internals and breath the same. Maybe a machine can pick up the difference but myself and other divers can't.

Back
Top Bottom