Just Bought a Legend LX - Question....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh come on - can someone give me a straight answer. I called 4 different stores, all of which said that the regs come preassembled from Aqua Lung. I just wanted to hear from someone on the Board that this is their understanding too. So far, only "decompression" has commented.

Calm down, bro. You are fine. Does it ever occcur to you that we all just agree with "decompression", so instead of repeat his reply, we just leave it as it is.

they come pre-assembeled and unless something change recently the 1st stage and 2nd stage should have the same serial number proving they are a match set. (my legends do)

Oh come on - can someone give me a straight answer. I called 4 different stores, all of which said that the regs come preassembled from Aqua Lung. I just wanted to hear from someone on the Board that this is their understanding too. So far, only "decompression" has commented.

It's a French thing, you wouldn't understand.

Seriously, most manufacturers provide both a specific first and second stage along with connecting hose in any given regulator package. These are commonly assembled prior to shipment to dealers.

Other regulators can be "customized" with several first stage or second stage options available from the dealer (think Mares Abyss with a 22, 42 or 52 first stage, or the almost limitless ScubaPro combinations). Some of these are factory assembly, while others are pieced together at the LDS. Regardless of how the regulator came, it should be covered under warranty against manufacturing defects, provided you purchased it from an authorized seller.

p.s. Very nice regulator BTW. We have one and enjoy it.

Last edited:

So because it seems that would trust the word of some unknown to you person on the Internet vs what an authorized dealer (four of them no less) told you I will reply with this:

I have never seen them come assembled. I would definitely say it's used or at least has likely been returned. You should be very worried.

Of course I just made that up, but you get my point? :coffee:

It's a French thing, you wouldn't understand.

Seriously, most manufacturers provide both a specific first and second stage along with connecting hose in any given regulator package. These are commonly assembled prior to shipment to dealers.

Other regulators can be "customized" with several first stage or second stage options available from the dealer (think Mares Abyss with a 22, 42 or 52 first stage, or the almost limitless ScubaPro combinations). Some of these are factory assembly, while others are pieced together at the LDS. Regardless of how the regulator came, it should be covered under warranty against manufacturing defects, provided you purchased it from an authorized seller.

p.s. Very nice regulator BTW. We have one and enjoy it.

I read once, that the regulators needs to come , 1 st stage, hose and 2 nd stage assembled to pass the EN250 CE norm, so , yes it must come assembled.

My wife's came FULLY assembled. I promptly took it completely apart, much to her dismay. Why, because I can and I wanted to see how it differed from other regulators like my Titan LX.

N

My wife's came FULLY assembled. I promptly took it completely apart, much to her dismay. Why, because I can and I wanted to see how it differed from other regulators like my Titan LX.

N

You can find the service materials online. The only difference noted between the Legend and Titan LX is the cover and case. Did you see anything else?

You can find the service materials online. The only difference noted between the Legend and Titan LX is the cover and case. Did you see anything else?

Yeah, the first stage.

N

Yeah, the first stage.

N

Which seems to use the same replacement parts as the Titan.

Which seems to use the same replacement parts as the Titan.

Do you have a point or do you just like to argue?

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom