Just booked the Dive Quest at Epcot!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TravisD:
Booked for January 10th. And they were happy to apply both the AAA and SSI discounts to the cost -- I think it worked out to $25 per person discount.

Now We're just debating sticking with the early timeslot, or switching to the later one...

OH! Yay! Stick with the early slot! That's when Rod and I will be there. :D

Thanks for all the great replies!!! I believe the sharks are sand tigers... per a reliable PM from someone. :wink:

I'll be sure to get rid of the "mask oysters" (as someone called it! LOL) before the photo in the dome.

And I'll just have to hover upside down for the kids. Maybe a little macarena dance, or Hovering hokey pokey?? :D

I'm getting soooo excited! Yay!! :monkeydan :fruit: :jump013: :jump: :hyper: :369: :chicken:

Dive Quest is a class act, typical Disney! The whole thing is great from start to finish. I was there for the late dive on 06 Dec. Since they simulate daybreak and sunset with the overhead lights, the earlier dive will render a slightly brighter dive, but I found the late dive had fewer divers (on that day). They did offer to move me to the earlier dive when I showed up at the meeting spot, but I declned, based on divers in the water.
Make sure you look for the "hidden Mickeys" in the water. They are hard to miss, but the land-lubbers have to get lucky to find them. There were 2 when I went (one by the staff, and the other by earlier divers).
One thing I found out when I was there is that there are numerous discounts available. Almost all certifing agencies have a 10% deal. Miltary is 15%, and a Disney Visa holder will get 20%. Make sure you ask about any and all organizations/clubs you belong to! You may be suprised!
The most interesting thing (price-wise) is that you can book the Aquarium for a private dive for $1000. This dive is done after the late dive (around 6:30ish) and can be up to 12 divers. They said that typically dive clubs will book this. If there are 12 divers, that comes out to $83 per person! Not bad for this unique expirience.
Also, the water was 78 degrees when I went. If you need to, ask for a 2nd shorty. They will give it to you so you can double up. (why anyone would need/want to is beyond me, but to each his/her own).
For me, the absolute best part about this dive was that my non-diving wife and daughter were able to see me in the water and interact with me. It was a big step toward the two of them "Seeing the Light" and joining me!​

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom