Jupiter Dive Center is moving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divin'Papaw

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Maybe I’m late to the game since I can’t dive currently, but I just got an email from Jupiter Dive Center announcing they are moving. I had no clue!!

This is the email I received:

We’re moving—and it’s an on-going process!

As you may know, our building has changed hands, and the time has nearly come for us to relocate. Jupiter Dive Center will close our current location on June 10, 2024, but we’re already hard at work on our new store! With luck, we’ll be turning on the light and opening the doors on June 13.

So what’s all this really mean?

We’re taking steps to make this as easy on our divers as we can. The store is open, the boats are at the dock, our crew is ready to help. You can still book charters, classes, trips, drop off equipment for service, or fill tanks at our current location. What you’ll notice, though, is some empty walls, and more open floor space as we have started moving our extra inventory to our new store. If you’re looking for something special and don’t see it at our current location, don’t worry! We’re happy to raid our boxes at the new place or make arrangements to meet you at the new store. Speaking of which…

Our new store!

Jupiter Dive Center’s new store will be at 201 N. US Highway 1, in the Shops of Jupiter (next to Bealls/Staples). We’ve already started creating the ideal space (which is why we can’t take walk-in customers until we’re officially open). Our biggest task is modifying the store’s footprint to accommodate a new tech room and tank-filling station. And of course, if you’ve ever remodeled a kitchen, you know you can’t put away the dishes before the cabinets are up.

Don’t Miss the Boat!

Memorial Day weekend, the unofficial start of summer, was full of great diving—and we were happy to see those of you who were able to dive with us.
Our boat check-in time is still at 8:00 a.m. for the morning charter and 12:30 p.m. for afternoon charters. A quick reminder; all of our dives require nitrox, and each diver must have the proper certifications for their dives and carry their own surface marker buoy.
There are a lot of moving parts to our relocation and we will be updating the FAQ Page on our website with all the latest information.

Jupiter Dive Center is what it is today because of divers like you. We value the loyalty you’ve shown us over the past twenty years and appreciate your patience as we start to pack up one store and settle into our new locations. Jupiter Dive Center is committed to providing safe and enjoyable diving experiences and we can’t wait to be back to business as usual—only better!

Looks like the boats are not moving:

Check-in takes place at the boat.

Our crew will welcome you when you arrive and assist you with checking in for your charter.

You’ll sign your waivers, show your certification cards, and board the boats as normal.

Our crew members will distribute any rental gear that’s been reserved.

We’re able to use the docks at our former location for our charters and parking is available on the grass.

Jupiter Dive Center - Legacy Location

1001 N. Alternate AIA

Jupiter, FL 33477

Hi @Divin'Papaw

I just dived with JDC on May 17 and 19. I did not know about the move until I got the email today. I have dived with JDC since 2007, 257 dives. I have plans for many more dives with them.

I emailed Gerry today. The boats will eventually also be relocated near to the new retail location. The link to FAQ Page in your post answers some of the questions.

I got the e-mail too. I'm not a regular, but we basically go out with JDC once per year every spring. The boat, crew, and guides have always been solid, in my opinion. One of the great things about JDC, from my perspective, is that everything was right there -- boats, shop, rental gear, parking, ability to change. After a 2-hour early morning drive to get there, it's nice not to have to worry about moving rental gear around in a rental car and to have actual restroom facilities. You can just sort of fall into the boat. Hopefully, that won't change.

Always something interesting on those dives that you don't tend to see as much elsewhere - sharks, wrecks, turtles, goliath groupers, etc.

I got the e-mail too. I'm not a regular, but we basically go out with JDC once per year every spring. The boat, crew, and guides have always been solid, in my opinion. One of the great things about JDC, from my perspective, is that everything was right there -- boats, shop, rental gear, parking, ability to change. After a 2-hour early morning drive to get there, it's nice not to have to worry about moving rental gear around in a rental car and to have actual restroom facilities. You can just sort of fall into the boat. Hopefully, that won't change.

Always something interesting on those dives that you don't tend to see as much elsewhere - sharks, wrecks, turtles, goliath groupers, etc.
They'll just have to adjust how they process everyone onto the boat. Their new shop looks like it's in a shopping plaza which does not have any docks near it. Hopefully they'll move to online waiver forms, it is 2024 after all, and start keeping cert cards on file so you don't have to show it every time. I've always felt like their check-in process needed a refresh. I agree with you though, this was outweighed by the fact that the boat was also right there. I'm not going to drive to their shop to check in, then drive to the boat.

In the short-term sounds like the two boats are staying in the same location. I wouldn't count on being able to use the bathroom though, which will suck. Long-term, they clearly won't be able to have the boats at the shop. That is very unfortunate as that has been one of their huge selling points, at least to me. The drop off/pick up for Jupiter Scuba (Kyalami) is really a pain. Hoping JDC can avoid that type of setup. It's not AWFUL, but I far prefer the convenience of being able to park right by the boats. Looks like that level of convenience may be a thing of the past with JDC.

They'll just have to adjust how they process everyone onto the boat. Their new shop looks like it's in a shopping plaza which does not have any docks near it. Hopefully they'll move to online waiver forms, it is 2024 after all, and start keeping cert cards on file so you don't have to show it every time. I've always felt like their check-in process needed a refresh. I agree with you though, this was outweighed by the fact that the boat was also right there. I'm not going to drive to their shop to check in, then drive to the boat.
I agree. Being required to fill out a paper form and present cards every time is a bit antiquated. What they pay in storage of all those paper forms must be crazy.

In the short-term sounds like the two boats are staying in the same location. I wouldn't count on being able to use the bathroom though, which will suck. Long-term, they clearly won't be able to have the boats at the shop. That is very unfortunate as that has been one of their huge selling points, at least to me. The drop off/pick up for Jupiter Scuba (Kyalami) is really a pain. Hoping JDC can avoid that type of setup. It's not AWFUL, but I far prefer the convenience of being able to park right by the boats. Looks like that level of convenience may be a thing of the past with JDC.
I'm the opposite. I like driving right up to the front door, drop my gear, and park. In the meantime, the crew ferries all my gear to the boat. JDC has me carrying everything but my tanks to the boat. I'd rather not carry anything but my dry bag. :)

I'm the opposite. I like driving right up to the front door, drop my gear, and park. In the meantime, the crew ferries all my gear to the boat. JDC has me carrying everything but my tanks to the boat. I'd rather not carry anything but my dry bag. :)

Primadonna :wink:

I don't like the way everything gets all backed up before and after. It just gets unduly chaotic. I've left things behind before with Kyalami because of the "rush" to get the car loaded up with everyone waiting in line. I don't care for that.

Now the way they carry all of your gear onto the boat is nice. I've never understood why JDC doesn't do that. Pura Vida does.

I foresee friction over parking. JDC customer's can easily fill the parking lot.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom