Jupiter Conditions Report 22 March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

acteg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dove with Scuba Works / Capt. SL8TR yesterday, great service as usual from both the shop and Capt. SL8TR / Maggie / Chuck. We got delayed slightly on the way out due to a recreational boat which appeared to have a fire in the engine compartment (was smoking), but turned out to just be smoke. The boat was disabled though, so Capt. SL8TR called in a tow and we waited until sea tow showed up.

Vis was about 20' :(
Water temp was around 73
light south current
seas were pretty calm

Didn't see as much as usual on this dive due to the visibility, but still enjoyed the dive. Any day on the water / diving is better than a day at the office. Very brief video in 1080p if anyone is interested in seeing what conditions were like.

Followed up the dive with a beer at the square grouper followed by more beer and a pretty tasty fish sandwich at Iguana Banas. Anyone have any food recommendations in the Jupiter area for next time (used to eat at a cuban place in the publix plaza, but I think it's closed down. Grabbed a burrito at burrito bros last time as well, it was really good)?

[video=youtube;GuPd8QceCZI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuPd8QceCZI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Thnx for sharing

............Vis was about 20' :(..............Water temp was around 73...............
.............light south current..................seas were pretty calm

.........Any day on the water / diving is better than a day at the office...........

..............Anyone have any food recommendations in the Jupiter area for next time?...........

Great shot(s) of the free swimming moray!!! Conditions were a bit better today: same near flat calm seas, vis was better at 40 feet or so (on Cap't Mikes Reef and Tunnels) and the current had returned northward. On Cap't Mikes it was fairly stiff on top of the reef but nil once divers dropped over the ledge. Lots of reef sharks on Cap't Mikes, but not that many (that I saw) on Tunnels.

Agree on the comment regarding the office!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like Dune Dog, but it is not fine dinning! The Blackened Dolphin sandwich and Footlong Coney Dogs are my favorite. Its located on Alt A1A on east side of the road between Indiantown and Center Street. Very busy today (mostly tourists) so my wife and I ate at the bar. All the other places you named are some of the ones we enjoy as well and we hit them if we're sick of Dune Dog. Jupiter Ale House is OK. It's not my favorite but a fun place once in a while: its located on Center Street, just west of Alt A1A. If you want some really good fish (but more expensive than these other places), try Hog Snappers: its on US 1, about a couple miles or so north of Indiantown on the east side of the road. Dinner there sucks since it is so freaking busy: but a late lunch is perfect though: at 1:30 or 2:00, there aren't many people.

Should be even better tomorrow. Recruiting divers for Sunday! Capt. SL8R and I over-planned the food menu for tomorrow. Tons of food and only 11 divers. Join us!!

Grilling wieners, chic salad, lobster spread, smoked fish dip, veggies and dip, fresh fruit, normal boat grub of various snacks. We got kind of carried away for tomorrow.

ah , wish I had booked for today (or Sunday) instead of Friday, but I get every other Friday off work so I try to make that my diving day. Thanks for the update, glad you had better vis and saw lots of action. Wish I could do Sunday for the extra grub, but I got a football game. Once the season is over I'll have more diving availability.

Thanks for the food recommendations, I will definitely give Dune Dog and Hog Snappers a try.

Lost on Capt Mikes. Amy from JDC gave me a shout out that she was looking. We're heading there today on Kyalami. It must have fallen into a crack or something. I'm still in mourning. That bag was my dive buddy. Always with me. Bummer. Perhaps she'll return to me one day.

My first dive on Kylami yesterday (the annual Chumbuddies dive - but that's a different story).

Wow...or as I heard a lot from those around me...OMG.

Really great service. Great dives. I know you Jupiter folks see more sharks than we do further south, but a dozenish reefies and the bull later on was kind of a big deal for me. We really had fun. Kudos to Capt. Sl8er, Maggie, Angie, and Chuck for making it so enjoyable. Lunch afterwards at Gaunabanas just kind of made the day perfect. I'll be back. The only reason I'm not diving there today is I have to work.

Angie, how's the rock beauty? And why is your lift bag a "she"?

Last edited:
I had a GREAT time on my first Jupiter/Kyalami dive yesterday as well. Sounds like we had a little better vis on Saturday morning? GREAT boat, GREAT Captain and crew and GREAT sea life (BIG and small!) and friendly folks to dive with made it a winner all around!
I'll second the Guanabanas for great food and atmosphere. I'll be back as well, hopefully with more divers in tow.
[h=3][/h]

Glad to hear you guys had such a great time. Word is getting out about Kyalami. I am bringing new guys just about every time I go, and the positive response is always the same (people actually thanking me for turning them on to this boat/crew). Great sights, great service, fun/laid back atmosphere, and the rewards program/coupons are nice as well. And to top all of that off, the diving is usually excellent. I'm hoping the weather is good Easter weekend so I can dive again.

nice video Sean. I like the moray free swimming, I haven't been able to get a clip of that yet. I went out satuday and viz was better.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom