Jupiter 02-04-06 Lemon SHARKS (Part II)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everyone have fun and be safe! let us know how the dive went!

Wish I was going:( Have to work until 8am in Deerfield Beach.

SO????

We're all waiting with bated breath...

Didja go out or not?

Or are they still looking for you all?

:D

Jeff

Yesterday was still an amazing dive even though Mother Nature had other intentions for us. We had 2-3 footers back to back and building.

We dropped down on the first site known as Scar face in honor of her resident green moray eel with a large scar on her cute little face. This is an amazing reef with the top of the reef being right around 60 feet and to the sand around 83feet. With all her little nooks and crannies, she hold s some amazing secrets. We saw all the normal reef fish, in plenty, but the thing that sticks out the most to me were all those eels. I counted 14 (anyone else get a higher number?). We had greens, spotted, and one beautiful little golden (good find Eric). We saw a few lobster, 2 hawksbill turtles, several loggerhead (one with a giant head) a stingray or two and several big nurse sharks.

We had at least 50-60 foot of viz with a nice water temp of 72. Nice North current kept us from having to swim. When we surfaced, we could see a storm brewing off in the distance. I know many of Captains that would have chanced it and taken us to another dive site, but Captain Paul really likes bringing everyone he came with back home and decided to call the second dive. Everyone received vouchers to dive another day. All were happy with his decision, after all, we like coming home and that was one nasty little storm coming.

We had a blast hanging out with new friends down at RJ Gators. Who could ask for anything more with good friend, old beer, and wonderful food.

allright, I am diving with Paul on feb 25, maybe you will be there too????? smoakair said he will set his alarm earlier and will be there, I will call him every 5 min so he cannot go back to sleep. I miss my diving buddy,

:laughing: hahahahahahahaha Madeline! We missed him a lot yesterday. Captain Paul waited as long as he could hoping Chucky boy would get there in time..

baitedstorm:
:laughing: hahahahahahahaha Madeline! We missed him a lot yesterday. Captain Paul waited as long as he could hoping Chucky boy would get there in time..

Very funny you guys.:wink: My alarm wasn't set correctly or I didn't hear it but I was 2/3 of the way there when Capt. Paul and Joe called and said the bus was loaded and ready to go. Hmmm.....next time I'll be at the shop at 7 'cause the bus to the boat leaves at 8
Arrrggghhhhhhhhh.......!!!!!!!!!
I really wanted to dive with ya'll.
Anyway I turned around and ended doing a whole ot of paper work at home that I needed to do do.

Ok Vicki, if you missed me so much join us on the dive on the 25th...I'll sign up tomorrow..Monday. And you?:D
BTW: What happened to the sharks? Does this need to be renamed the "Eel dive"?:06:

:D

It turned out to be a nice dive - although the weather did kill the 2nd one. First thing that struck me was the viz - as soon as you hit the water you could see the bottom. At the beginning of the dive, it was easily 60+ foot of viz. It dropped to 40-50 shortly there after.

As Vickey mentioned - there were TONS of eels on this time. But what surprised me was the number or morays. It is pretty normal to see 5-10 spotted eels, but I know I saw at least 5 or 6 green morays. That had to be a record for me. There was also lots of turtles on the dive; including a HUGE loggerhead resting at the side of the ledge.

And while we didn't see any Lemons, we did get 7 or 8 sightings of nurse sharks.

I was bumbed to lose the 2nd dive, but the captain did the right thing. I don't think there were any boats sticking around out there. It got pretty nasty on the way in.

All in all, it was a nice dive.

Michael

I can't believe Eric not posting.... Good Lord, the man starts working the road and now no one sees him anymore.... sheeeesh, slacker

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom