Jupiter 02-04-06 Lemon SHARKS (Part II)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

from their website all seems full for sat (i think thats the boat i'm on in the afternoon with my LDS but had considered setting off at stupid o'clock to ge tthere for the morning as well)

...for anyone in that area - do you know of cheap accomodation around, was contemplating staying the night and diving sunday morning ?

Stu In Florida - It depends on how cheap you are thinking. http://www.floridastateparks.org/jonathandickinson/default.cfm

This is a good time of the year to go camping! This is only a few minutes north of the Dive Op and next to a nice river and many trails.

I have thought a ScubaBoard camping trip would be good here.

Well, as things turn out, I may not be available to make this dive. :banghead:

I may very well be relocating to the Ft Walton Beach, P'cola area that weekend.

I hate it when you have a good job.. and someone offers you an even better one!

Decisions aren't complete yet. Video at 11 or something like that!

Jeff

Doh, hate to see you go. (imapoet) You got to take what you can in this life... I have more regrets for the things I did not do then for the ones of things I did do.

You are moving in the wrong direction though... go south! See if they will let you head up the new Keys operation and work three days a week.

ONLY FOUR DAYS LEFT!!

Eric,
Are you diving with Nitrox or Air? How deep is the dive and how cold do you expect the water to be (I am considering between 2/3mm full suit or 2/3mm +5mm shorty on top or 6.5mm semidry suit?)
As you can tell from my questions I don’t dive much during the winter months.
Thanks,

joeamit:
Eric,
Are you diving with Nitrox or Air? How deep is the dive and how cold do you expect the water to be (I am considering between 2/3mm full suit or 2/3mm +5mm shorty on top or 6.5mm semidry suit?)
As you can tell from my questions I don’t dive much during the winter months.
Thanks,

The dives at Jupiter are generally 70-80 ft. Most everyone dives Nitrox, you lose gobs of dive time if you aren't on Nitrox and a 'puter.

I think that Eric will probably be diving his new wetsuit, which I think is a 6.5mm (me, I would probably be in 5mm if it was windy, my 3/2mm if it is sunny, warm and not so windy.

Alas, I will be off to my new digz, missing this dive that I so wanted to make! :pity_part

Ya all have fun!

Thanks for all the information and sorry to hear that you are going to miss the dive.
Good luck with the new job!

Joe,

Nitrox is a must for these dives. I pitty the air divers with their 20 min BT's. I'll be wearing my new 5/3 with a 2mm vest I will also have warming packs in my wet suit to keep me warmer.

Have a look at this website http://www.divejupiter.com/ .... It will give you a current water temp as well as a surface temp (the place I usually freeze)....

I'm thinking I'll be making some munchies for our little adventure!!! :chicken: I can't wait.. wooohooo! Lets hope for hammerhead repeats!

baitedstorm:
Joe,

Nitrox is a must for these dives. I pitty the air divers with their 20 min BT's. I'll be wearing my new 5/3 with a 2mm vest I will also have warming packs in my wet suit to keep me warmer.

Have a look at this website http://www.divejupiter.com/ .... It will give you a current water temp as well as a surface temp (the place I usually freeze)....

I'm thinking I'll be making some munchies for our little adventure!!! :chicken: I can't wait.. wooohooo! Lets hope for hammerhead repeats!

Warming packs?! I got rid of mine when I moved from upstate NY to warm sunny Florida. Are you saying that was a mistake?
Actually I'm going to run by Divers Direct and get a Dive Parka for the SI. It's the wind chill on the boat that does me in.
So...what kinda treats are ya thinking of? Give a menu and maybe some of us can fill in the blanks.
Looking forward to this. Tanks are filled, A new dive mesh bag and shriveled skin and looking forward to seeing ya'll there.
Does DAN cover shark attacks? :hai: :D:joke:

PS: I hope this didn't sound strident. :drejnd:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom