Jup SB Rpt - The Goliaths

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnoly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
20220911_063633.jpg

Clear skies with the full moon shining bright and perfect for the Goliath Grouper spawn event. Topside was just slight rollers but Hurricane Earl was scrubbing the bottom sand up with his swell and pushing divers side to side. Viz was a hazy 30 to 40 ft but still workable and bottom Temps of 82° and no current.

We splashed off the Republic IV and onto the MG111 below. Male GG's cozying up next to the females. About 40 of them all around the wreck.

IMG_5567_sm.JPG
IMG_5599_sm.JPG
IMG_5612_sm.JPG

Second dive site was the Jupiter Wreck trek.

It's always so much fun to share laughs and smiles with people who we read their post on the board.

20220911_090908.jpg

Great dives today.

@Johnoly … his hot ‘steak & lobster’ surface interval snack was just insane! So good! Thank you!! He had the boat smiling ear to ear.

My GoPro has been acting up so I didn’t get video of some of the best GG interaction on the MG111 yesterday, but I did get this video before my GoPro locked up. Hopefully @Johnoly or @Manatee Diver will share more/better video/photos. Nice bait balls on the grouper at the bow of the MG111.

..Hopefully @Johnoly or @Manatee Diver will share more/better video/photos.
Really good Video!. I was using my 10yr old Cannon Point & Shoot with my fake GoPro attached to the strobe arm. The video was all junk, from both the haze & the wall of bait fish you can barely understand what's in the frame.

I'm going back to using my other " Point & Shoot ". At least I can eat it, if it's a crappy shot !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom