Junk Food Blues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If the junk food they get is still packaged and donatable maybe you could encourage your kids to donate some of it to a food pantry as a "treat" for someone else. Not that anyone really else needs the junk food either, just a random thought that puts a different spin on it.

Damselfish, that's a great idea and I can probably convince the kids not to tell Grandma. Thanks!

Giggi, stand up to your Mom, Next time she brings the junk over tell her NO, then put it back in her car. Tell her ,everytime you bring it over it goes back to your car. My son is 17 and a JR in high school, and we both know a girl his age that is close to 300 lbs, and when she was in the 5 grade she was 190lbs then. She is also 5ft 8in tall. Both of her parents are overweight. And don't care what the kids do. Im sure if you continue to stand your ground with better eating and now that Summer weather is coming, getting out to do more exercising, like walking ,bike rides.Swimming. Your Mom will see the whole family change for the better. And who knows maybe you will her do some changing! Good luck! Turtle Gal

I think she will. I have already started putting my foot down with her (very gently) and she does have to admit to agreeing with me....and surprisingly she has backed off a little bit. Babysteps, I guess. :)

Thanks for all the great advice!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom