June Orcabait dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisJones

Reaction score
Well, May has nearly gone with no Orcabait dive. Any chance for something in June for the new divers?

Chris

Nope, I think the puget sound is very exotic and stuff. Because you know there is lots of fish and stuff to look at. Cant wait for the next chance to dive with you all =)

Well, let's put something together then.

How about Saturday, June 18th ... tides look pretty decent in the late afternoon/early evening.

Let's pick a dive site and do it ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Well, let's put something together then.

How about Saturday, June 18th ... tides look pretty decent in the late afternoon/early evening.

Let's pick a dive site and do it ...
We could do Redondo... it's got a lot of parking (pay parking, unfortunately), and might not be as much of a cluster as Seacrest, especially if it's a nice day out. Redondo is a good dive site for all skill levels.

Jimmie

Uncle Pug:
My right posterior frontal lobe detects sarcasm.
:laughing: No brain damage . . . yet.

I think everyone's afraid to say Cove 2. My last Redondo dive was a vis nightmare. Perhaps a Redondo redemption dive is in order.

Actually the Junkyard and Pipeline have "okay" parking, and it's free :D

Oooohhh nooo! Not the 18th...... Count me in if you move it to the 25th.

BTW kalvyn, chocolate chip or peanut butter?

:rose:

I am opposed to Redondo on the grounds that its a real small site with the chance of our group mucking uP vis real bad is high.

My proposals if the tides are right;

titlow
or
Keystone Jetty

puckvirus:
I am opposed to Redondo on the grounds that its a real small site with the chance of our group mucking uP vis real bad is high.

My proposals if the tides are right;

titlow
or
Keystone Jetty

Huh ???

I've been leading dives to Redondo for three years now, and never had anyone complain about the size of the dive site before. A couple years back we had a shop dive that put 28 divers in the water ... and everyone had a good time.

If your skills are such that you're gonna muck up a site, it won't much matter which site you choose.

The tides aren't right for Titlow until about 4 PM ... and not at all for Keystone. Besides, we already tried an Orca Bait dive at Keystone three months ago ... Jason and I were the only ones who showed up.

Tides are moderately good in the afternoon on the 18th ... but not good enough to pick one of the more current-sensitive sites. EUP would be a good choice, except for the fact that it'll be mobbed that time on a Saturday and parking might be an issue.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom