June 3 Coron, Palawan pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice pictures as always Gill . . .but if you're always going to be diving with the mindset & expectation of taking the perfect shot, then of course you're going to be disappointed by low viz/poor water clarity conditions --hence the less than favorable impression of the divesite.

This is my own personal philosophy on underwater photography/videography: When you try to mechanically capture the moment by using a camera . . .you actually lose the affect of that actual moment aesthetically (its kind of a Zen thing). I take pictures with my mind and remember feelings of the emotion of that moment, and to me that brings greater satisfaction than having a digital image reproduction on a storage card. When my memory of the event begins to fade in time, it motivates me to return to that particular divesite to "refresh" that particular memory. . .

this is exactly how i feel about coron.i love taking pictures too but not at the level of quality as jim's. but the sense of adventure and discovery that comes with wreck diving can never be captured by a photo or even a video. it has to be personally experienced to have the right impact on the diver.
and as a recreational diver i love the sense of adventure of coron and its wrecks. but maybe for someone like gilligan whise had 2,000 dives around the world, the wreck may appear technically unchallengeing and aesthetically boring.
also as i mentioned above there are some big fish here. but im thinking that backscatter and poor viz would make them lousy photo subjects.

just my 2 cents

Back
Top Bottom