June 27th - Yellow Brick Road

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waterbabie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Okay, for real we are going to dive Hollywood on June 27th. Grier? Rick? Angie? Nathan? My buddy is here from Cincinnati and I want to show him a great shore dive. I wanted to go to the West Coast, but it's just not going to work out, so we're staying here and planning to dive around 9:30am. Hope some of you guys/gals can make it!!! Call me if you need more info. 513-295-7605

[Editted majorly!]
I'm sorry. I got the dates all mixed up. Thought the dive was for Saturday. So sorry, I can't make the Sunday morning dive. :( Let me know if you are interested in a Saturday morning dive, though. I've left my original response to the post below for your reading enjoyment.

Nate
Haha! Hollywood at Michigan sounds great! I have to be home by 11:30am, but I think this should give me enough time if we can be in the water by 9:30am (no later than 10am really). Is that ok?

Rebecca, how is your ankle? I was hoping there'd be a post for a dive tomorrow morning! Looking forward too it! Call me if there are any changes.

Later!

Nathan

Hey ya'll have a great time. Keep an eye out for the tarpon! Just look up once in a while and you will see them! AWESOME!! Also if its a little cloudy remember to bring a flashlight for looking in the cracks and crevices. When I went last weekend, the fish were on the south side of the algae covered (yery yucky) rock pile. You might also see some sharks under the cement mat.
Have fun! Hopefully I will be bringing back a meg....

Okay Nathan, if you are up for a early morning dive - say be in the water by 8am I can do Saturday morning. I have to be somewhere at 11:30am too! Chris and I are still shooting for Sunday, but if we can do Sat too, I'm up for that! My ankle is much better, no more throbbing! I'll still have to take it easy carrying my gear though.

Jenny, if you get a meg, you MUST, MUST, MUST bring it to show us on our next adventure!!! Give Kris a happy birthday wish from us East Coasters!!!!

Hey Rebecca!

8 am Saturday works great for me since I too have some place to be a little later. We can plan on that. Let me know if there are any changes. I'm glad your ankle is doing better! Sorry I can't make Sunday.

Nate

Hi,
Ok, I MIGHT be able to tag along with the Saturday 8am beach dive. Where exactly is the dive/parking planned? :06:
I called and left a message for Waterbabie. Maybe I'll get a return call?
Sincerely,
Trish the Fish
trish3fish@yahoo.com

Waterbabie:
Okay, for real we are going to dive Hollywood on June 27th. Grier? Rick? Angie? Nathan? My buddy is here from Cincinnati and I want to show him a great shore dive. I wanted to go to the West Coast, but it's just not going to work out, so we're staying here and planning to dive around 9:30am. Hope some of you guys/gals can make it!!! Call me if you need more info. 513-295-7605

Trish The Fish:
Hi,
Where exactly is the dive/parking planned?

Hello Miss Fish!

I believe we'll be meeting in the parking lot at Michigan Street (it intersects A1A just north of Hollywood Blvd). There is a big parking garage but I'm sure we won't need to use it since there will be plenty of metered spots! I hope to see you there!

Nate

Hi folks! As of today, an empty moving van left my house, so I'm officially here, complete with family! And if I can, I'll be joining you on the beach for the Yellow Brick Road dive in the morning. (I tried to talk Crystal and the kids into a road trip to Venice, but with the house still in boxes, it wasn't a very popular position.)

I'm so glad you're diving here, because I had decided to get wet by myself in the morning, to try and shake the dust of the move off of my body and out of my brain.

My only problem is that I, like you guys, have an appointment at 10:30 in the morning, so I'll have to be antisocial and run away right after the dive.

See you in the morning,
Grier

I'm so glad we're all going to dive and then be anti-social and leave! We're all on the same page for once. Trish, I got your message and I will try to call you back!

Yeah, I'm usually the anti-social one...

(Trish, don't believe anything Rebecca says - I tend to be a bit shy and reserved on these trips. I'm almost as introverted as Colin...)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom