July Dive and Dine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Mike, what type of BBQ. Rachel and I are in. just let me know how much......What time is everyone showing up????? I will be diving, Rachel will not, probably. Too soon after sinus surgery, but she is feeling better finally. Also, we doing West Bank, or somewhere else??????

Westbank. I'll try and get both pulled pork and some chicken with some sides and rolls. Probably enough for 8-10 people. I'll probably be there by 9am, but I won't go get the BBQ until 11-12 (after the first dive!).

Thanks Mike for the great tour I had a GREAT time and I do beleave that Tony injoyed the three dive we did with you . I hope I didn't speek out of turn ( Tony) ? Nice to meet you Brian and Rachel .GREAT day of diving .Sorry you all could not make it .I would have liked to have met more of your group (loony bird ) maybe the next time . Untill then . THANKS AGAIN FOR THE GREAT DAY

KEN

:wink: Ok, so that was some of the worse diving I have every done! :wink:

It was cold(52 degrees at 66') and dark. The only parts of Mike I ever viewed under water was his fins.

As far as the dark goes! Lets just say, "if I keep my fins off the bottom we could see a little better." No wonder Mike would not stop finning me in the face when I tried to swim passed him." :D

Actually all jokes a side.

I had a great time. Mike, thanks for taking the time to show us around. It was nice to meet you and your lovely wife.

The BBQ was great. The diving was great. I am looking forward to doing some more dives around the lake with you guys.

Thanks again,

Last edited:
Yep, we had a great time! Susan and I, Ken and Steve showed up at 8:30-9am. The weather was wonderful and we were able to get in the lake before anyone else had stirred it up any. ON the first dive we had 10-15 feet of visibility. I showed them where the lines (80 ft bucket and Woodpile) were located and we attempted to reacht he treeline but had to turn back because of no hoods or gloves.

We then had PR BBQ and had fun talking duing the SI.

On the second dive we used what was left of the gas in our tanks (my double 80s and their 100's) and tried again for the 80 foot bucket...we had to turn when we reached our turn pressure of around 500 psi. (OK, we missed the line and had to backtrack, but we found it!), Bryan joined us at the end of the second dive.

We did our SI and Bryan and Rachel finished off the BBQ. Then we did the third dive. Bryan had to bail at the 20 minute point but the rest of kept going to find the 80ft bucket until we had a silt out, one of the threesome got seperated and we ended up surfacing to find him, so of course we lost the line. We returned to 30 ft to do a transit back to the beach but the dive leader got confused and we went the wrong way...(do you know how hard is is to tell the small pointy end from the small flat end of a compass at 30 feet with 53 year old eyes? I've got to get some contacts!) anyway, we ended up on the surface again, nearer to the island than to the beach so we did the surface back peddle thing since one of us was at 700 psi (not me! I had 1500 psi left in my second set of doubles!). Hey, a good dive and aerobic exercise who could ask for more!

Anyway, three great dives and lots of navigation practice. Sorry so many missed it!

Dive 3: 41 minutes Bottom time, 52 degrees lowest temp at 64 feet.
Dive 2: 45 minutes Bottom time, 58 degrees lowest temp at 51 feet.
Dive 1: 34 minutes Bottom time, 63 degrees lowest temp at 44 feet

The first thermal was at about 22 feet. Visibility ranged from a high of around 15 feet to a low of 5 feet in the algea layer. (Except for zero feet in the silt out).

Of course, a question, if the one who gets lost doesn't have the flag, then why not have the flag bearer and those with him wait in one spot, the lost one surfaces after one minute, finds the flag and follows it down to the others? Rather than after one minute everyone surfaces? We actually met our lost sheep doing our 15 foot safety stop...

Mike

AAAAASOME recap Mike Tony AND me would injoy diving with you any time put we will give the compass dutties to the yung eyes (Tony) . Thank you agian for the great day of diving and conversation . I injoyed you and your wifes company .

PS good BBQ

ken

Hello all,
I enjoyed the dive i got in with you guys. It was nice to meet you Ken and Tony. I wish I could have stayed down longer but it was fun none the less. I didnt think about it until I saw you guys surface, but I really hope I didnt kick up much silt when I left. If I did i am sorry, i should have been more careful about that. Also Mike, I figured out what was wrong with my light. charged batteries work better. glad i took my backup, almost didnt. Rachel and I look foward to diving with yall in the future.

Brian

Back
Top Bottom