July 4 Dive, Dania Erojacks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny

dirty-finned dive goddess
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
9AM show, 9:30 (or earlier) go. Meet in Dania Beach Parking lot as far north as you can go.

Jenny,
I'm thinking about it! Guy and I pulled a serious "weekend warrior" routine yesterday and painted the dining room, living room and halls! Plus cleaned everything before putting back. OHHHH my aching bones! We are debating on tackling the TV room today which might be the final nail.

I'll call you or drop you a note later today to let you know. Remind me about your brother and ask me about your "card." I keep forgetting.

9:00 AM is okay for me if the plan is still proceeding.

Steve

ReneeC:
Jenny,
I'm thinking about it! Guy and I pulled a serious "weekend warrior" routine yesterday and painted the dining room, living room and halls! Plus cleaned everything before putting back. OHHHH my aching bones! We are debating on tackling the TV room today which might be the final nail.

I'll call you or drop you a note later today to let you know. Remind me about your brother and ask me about your "card." I keep forgetting.

Scuba_Jenny:
9AM show, 9:30 (or earlier) go. Meet in Dania Beach Parking lot as far north as you can go.

Hmmm??? ScubaKat11 and Riley wanted to go to LBTS... but.. so, what kind of dive is this? Good enough for OW dive#3 for an 11 yr old? I was just looking at MapQuest... not sure exactly how to get there.

Show time at 9 in Dania sounds better than getting to Hibiscus before 8 to get a parking space...

Al

What kind of dive is this? It is an artificial reef. Jacks, like the toys in the kids games, but made of cement and measure about 4ft accross are piled in a straight line perpendicular to the shore. At the end, the pile will measure about 10ft accross and 10 high. Tons of sealife, and a few (nurse) sharks are hidden in the crevices. You will see probably more fish than you would see at LBTS.
It is a pretty tough shore dive as Florida shore dives go, you have to swim a ways to get there. Probably about the distance from Hibiscus to Anglins Pier, but as long as it is relatively calm, you just take it slow and easy. Also, it is semi protected from boaters (well, theoritically) as it is about 100 yards north of the pier.
As always, if you have a flag, bring one.
See ya'll tomorrow morning!

So far, there is also a contingent of snorkelers going.

Scuba_Jenny:
What kind of dive is this? It is an artificial reef. Jacks, like the toys in the kids games, but made of cement and measure about 4ft accross are piled in a straight line perpendicular to the shore. At the end, the pile will measure about 10ft accross and 10 high. Tons of sealife, and a few (nurse) sharks are hidden in the crevices. You will see probably more fish than you would see at LBTS.
It is a pretty tough shore dive as Florida shore dives go, you have to swim a ways to get there. Probably about the distance from Hibiscus to Anglins Pier, but as long as it is relatively calm, you just take it slow and easy. Also, it is semi protected from boaters (well, theoritically) as it is about 100 yards north of the pier.
As always, if you have a flag, bring one.
See ya'll tomorrow morning!

So far, there is also a contingent of snorkelers going.

I still have my flag in the car from today's dive. OK... how do I get there?

THIS IS A BEACH DIVE!!!!!!
Ok, sorry bout that rant, wanted to post that for those that don't know.
Anyways, take 95 South to 595 East. 595 E to US1 South. South US1 to Dania Beach Blvd. East on Dania Beach Blvd accross the intercoastal. As soon as you get accross the bridge, keep to the right and veer off north to Dania Beach and FAU SeaTech. Go as far north as you can. Meters take quarters and dollarbills. See ya at 9AM!!

Scuba_Jenny:
THIS IS A BEACH DIVE!!!!!!
Ok, sorry bout that rant, wanted to post that for those that don't know.

I KNOW IT'S A BEACH DIVE!!!

Ok... I ranted back at you. Thanks for the directions. I looked at MapQuest, and I had an idea where it was at... but, I wasn't sure. I'll find you, now. Kathleen and Riley are excited and getting ready. I'll see you there!!

Al

btw... I was able to easily carry a 63 on my back to beach today. An 80 is still a little much... but.. progress!!! Yeah!!!

Have fun, guys! We have the pickup parked at our hotel on El Mar and it ain't movin'! But we will be in the water at Datura Avenue some time between 8:00 and 10:00 am (as usual) so we will be thinking of you. Do let us know how things went, though.

Have fun all! Hubby wants to get the painting done so if I wasn't in the water by now ....

Happy 4th!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom