July 2023 Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kimela

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I see June and August, but no July yet? Are we it?

Kimela and Roger ..... Casa Mexicana .... Jungle Divers ..... July 18-26

I'll be there July 15-22 staying at Casa Del Mar diving through Marine World. This will be my first "big trip" with my dive shop.

I would potentially need to pick up a dive on Wednesday as nothing planned for that day. Also curious about late afternoon/dusk/night diving of any one has good intel.

I'll be there July 15-22 staying at Casa Del Mar diving through Marine World. This will be my first "big trip" with my dive shop.

I would potentially need to pick up a dive on Wednesday as nothing planned for that day. Also curious about late afternoon/dusk/night diving of any one has good intel.
Awhile back we did a twilight dive trip with Dive Paradise which consisted of a late afternoon/sunset dive, surface interval, followed by a night dive. It was a cool experience seeing the reefs bathed in the late afternoon sun, and then you get a night dive on top of it. Not sure who all offers that now, but I highly recommend it.

For a twilight dive, you could check with Roberta’s Scuba Shack, which is located just across the street from Casa del Mar. They offered a twilight dive when I was there in February 2023. I didn’t do the twilight dive, but did multiple AM dives with them the rest of the week and was happy with them, would go with them again.

Reactions: L13

You'll be a short walk from Jungle Divers. You could do that Wednesday dive with them - either a boat dive or shore dive at Tikila (across the street from Jungle Divers) - or a twilight and night dive. Tikila is a nice shore dive - lots to see. We've been to Casa del Mar a lot. I look forward to hearing about the group experience there. We've seen groups there but didn't know who they were diving with or what activities were planned. You'll have a great time. If you have the option, and it's not terribly expensive, see if you can upgrade to a cabaña. They have a bedroom/bathroom upstairs and downstairs, as well as a cooking surface (never used) coffee pot, toaster and fridge. But in July they're probably already booked. CDM has a great pool deck for watching the sunset. :)

@OregonDM , @arcie , and @Kimela, thanks for the info. The current itinerary through Marine World is 5 morning two tank dives with Wed off. Supposed to be able to do unlimited shore diving, bit not sure how that works.

Casa Del Mar is supposed to be an all inclusive package.

I might find that I need rest on Wednesday, but not sure. I simply want to put in as many bubbles underwater as I can.

Dove Cozumel in February through Dive Paradise at the San Francisco reef and Paradise reef from a cruise ship.

June has been my longest surface interval since mid January when I certified. I am 100% hooked and need to write up my latest dives in the thread I started. Every dive has taught me something. As I look at others in the water around me, I'm not sure if I just have picked things up quicker or I too don't know what I am doing. 🙂

You'll be a short walk from Jungle Divers. You could do that Wednesday dive with them - either a boat dive or shore dive at Tikila (across the street from Jungle Divers) - or a twilight and night dive. Tikila is a nice shore dive - lots to see. We've been to Casa del Mar a lot. I look forward to hearing about the group experience there. We've seen groups there but didn't know who they were diving with or what activities were planned. You'll have a great time. If you have the option, and it's not terribly expensive, see if you can upgrade to a cabaña. They have a bedroom/bathroom upstairs and downstairs, as well as a cooking surface (never used) coffee pot, toaster and fridge. But in July they're probably already booked. CDM has a great pool deck for watching the sunset. :)
Hi @Kimela

Just wondering, do you dive anywhere else than Cozumel with a guide? How do you compare those other sites with Cozumel?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom