July 15, Venice Beach Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Y'all be safe and have a good time. Will be thinking of y'all while I'm high and dry.

:rule40: :rule40: :rule40: :rule40:

Many have PMed me for directions. So for all, here you go.

Directions to the beach:

From the north:
Head to Venice on I-75. Get off at exit 193 and turn right onto Jacaranda Blvd. Turn right on Venice Ave (CVS at the corner). Stay on Venice Ave until after you've crossed the bridge to the downtown area. Turn left at the second light after the bridge - Harbor Drive S. Turn right at the 5th street down - Alhambra Road. Follow to the end of the road.

From the south:
Head to Venice on I-75. Get off at exit 193 and turn left onto Jacaranda Blvd. Turn right on Venice Ave (CVS at the corner). Stay on Venice Ave until after you've crossed the bridge to the downtown area. Turn left at the second light after the bridge - Harbor Drive S. Turn right at the 5th street down - Alhambra Road. Follow to the end of the road.

If you wish to use your GPS, the address for the condo at the of Alhambra Road is 633 Alhambra Road, Venice, FL 34285.

Park on the street as close to the dead end as possible and without blocking access to the beach from the road. Most of us will be carrying all of our gear to the beach and will need easy access without having to walk around vehicles. Be careful not to block the driveway to the condo or to the homes along the street. Also when parking, park along the street in the direction of travel for the side you park. Failure to do so may and could result in a ticket.

Thanks Roxanne for posting the directions.

Looking good!
Screenshot_20170714-141202.png

Unfortunately, I must bow out... I need to visit my Dr. tomorrow to renew my BP meds... I don't think anyone wants me to "stroke out" at 15 fsw... That would not look good in ANY local paper...

Take care. Maybe next time...

Well Well..... probably the last time I was on SB was shortly after the last meet /dive there!!!! And I decide to check in and see this post, unfortunately not only is it too late to come up but I'm also working. :(I hope the viz was good and really wish I could have been there to see some of the conch buddies :happywave:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom