July 12th, 13th and 14th Monterey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry you can't join us openhelix.

Just a quick report on today's Cypress Sea trip. Rough ride on the way to and from Carmel, but it was worth it, Rode in the wheel house both ways and I highly recommend this - Captain Phil is hilarious as I am sure many of you already know.

The first dive was at Fire Rock. 91 feet - 48 minutes. Great dive, visibility usually 30-40 feet, but sometimes it just got green with low vis. I couldn't figure it out either because it wasn't at a consistent depth, just patches of it here and there at all depths.

Second dive was Dolly's Wall (I might have the name wrong on this one - anyone?). 51 feet, 41 minutes. I liked this dive a lot, interesting formations and great visibility. One diver found a kayak oar ... Bonus!

We are still on for a 9:00 am meet at Monastery on Tuesday if anyone else wants to join.

(((kevin)))

Sorry to change this last minute - The team has dropped down to two and it's easier for the two of us to meet at Aquarius on Del Monte at 9:00am. So if you haven't gotten in touch with me and plan on meeting us that is the new meet point. We will decide where we are going from there.

(((kevin)))

The trouble is, Muben is afraid nobody would believe him if he were to talk about his second dive today. But I do, and I'm green with envy. I so wanted to be out there today! When he got back from Lobos, Muben told me he had 90' of visibility somewhere west of the Lone Metridium, out toward the Sisters. I can't go until Friday, and this is just killing me! I know conditions are ne plus ultra right now...if you just go to the right spot.

Argh...I'm looking at the swell forecast right now, and it's the first time I've seen it with nothing but blues and greens, all the way out to 6.0 days...WOW indeed. Someone throw some pics/vids up!!

Argh...I'm looking at the swell forecast right now, and it's the first time I've seen it with nothing but blues and greens, all the way out to 6.0 days...WOW indeed. Someone throw some pics/vids up!!

Ken.

I have not looked at the conditions, and so your post is very good news to me as I will be teaching an advanced open water class Saturday and Sunday!!

Thanks for the info!

Ok, So I was there and neither Muben or I are photographers so we don't have proof but WOW is right. The visibility in the cove was really bad, so it was amazing to see it open up far beyond our wildest dreams. You could see the kelp so far away that it's hard to even guess what the vis was, it was just spectacular.

(((kevin)))

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom