Jules Lagoon- Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cudachaser

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Had a great time diving in Key Largo this past week! Two great days with Ocean Divers on Thur & Fri. Saturday was special...Our host, Bob Sieck (Former Space Shuttle launch director) is friends with Ian Koblick....Bob's counterpart in inner space and President of the Marine Resource Development Facility. Ian set up a special treat for us...Lunch in the underwater hotel at Jules Lagoon along with a super tour of the facility.

Also there at Jules Lodge were Net Doc (Pete) and Dive Heart. Met Jim Elliot and Wihelmina Stanton. They were conducting dive buddy training for HSAI. I hope to be be working with them shortly....Jules Lodge is a super place introduce people with disabilities (or anyone else) to the ocean.

While we we were dinning in the underwater hotel, Wihelmina swam by our port hole with her students. We got some some super inside shots with wife's "Go Pro" The strobe on my camera drowned out the windows. Wilelmina, Cheryl is sending you the pics...I'll post here when I get them.

Joe

Also there at Jules Lodge were...Dive Heart. Met Jim Elliot ....

IMG_5198_zps1d6c40ea.jpg
Picture17_zps5d05e045.png

You never see Jimz Elliot and Captain Piccard in the same room at the same time, did'ja?

Joe,

Thanks for the wonderful comments about our lodge. Ian is the best Mission Director for the simple reason...he was one of the men and women who carried through with the whole idea of living underwater. Really glad you had a chance to meet Jim Elliot and Wihelmina. We have been working with them for years at Key Largo Undersea Park. If you notice, they are always smiling:) Thanks again...Teresa McKinna

It was a pleasure to be there Teresa!

Joe

thnx for sharing

Key Largo Undersea Park. If you notice, they are always smiling:) Thanks again...Teresa McKinna

I had read that there was an undersea facility in key largo that one could dive to and have lunch at -- or stay overnight. Am I right? is this it? Can visitors see it? We are planning to go to KL this summer and this was going to be one of the highlights of our trip.

- Bill

Yes Bill you can dive the lagoon to see the underwater hotel or even stay in the hotel overnight. Visit the website jul.com.

Let me know if you have other questions about you visit to Key Largo.

I had read that there was an undersea facility in key largo that one could dive to and have lunch at -- or stay overnight. Am I right? is this it? Can visitors see it? We are planning to go to KL this summer and this was going to be one of the highlights of our trip.

- Bill

Bill, yes you can actually have a pizza brought to you for lunch or you can stay the night and have it then. If you really want to get into what we do have a look on the overnight stay page. We offer a visit to our Marine Lab with our lead Marine Biologist for a little vacation/education. We also carry many PADI specialties that can only be accomplished here at our facility. We would love to have you visit and say hello even if you can't stay.

Thanks Bill,

Teresa McKinna

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom