Jordair, Jamar, Bauer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bob549

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi
Question re manufacturers. jordair, jmar and Bauer. Can anyone tell me a short history on these companies?.
I know Jordair is now the king pin in Canada and looks after the others for parts.
Here in lays the problem, part numbers and then new part numbers upon new part numbers.
Very confusing.
I also have a Jmar filter canister rated at 5000 psi with a re packable cartridge FC- 1007.
Can I still obtain the silica drying agent ?.
The activated charcoal, I can obtain and is readily available, but the drying agent is another question.
Disposable replacement cartridges are also an option but quite pricie.

Thx very much for the info, looking forward to hearing from you

Bob

Jordair is the distributer for Bauer compressors in western Canada. I believe they assemble the bauer blocks onto frames and add filtration, controls etc and add a jordair label. I'm not sure about Jmar, but it may have been an earlier company or version of jordair...

As for dessicant, charcoal and hopcalite I think you can buy it bulk here High pressure breathing air compressors, scuba air compressors, Scuba air, O you can probably get a Lawrence Factor disposable cartridge for your filter.

Did you happen to buy one of the Bauer Utilus compressors off of BCauction?

Thx for the quick responce
No, I have had this bauer for quite a while and recently brought it out to clean up and service.
I pulled the Bauer manual and have the compressor serviced, valves checked and ready to be torqued.
I am planning to change out the gas motor with electric and build a new mount for same and as well mount the filter system.
I have a smaller Jmar parts compressor that numorous parts look interchangable with the Bauer i.e valves , hp and lp head.
Do you know the relation ship between jmar and Bauer.
No rush, a winter project

Thx Bob

I believe Jmar is similar to jordair and uses bauer blocks and adds the filtration, frames etc to complete the system. If you post some photos of the two compressors, you may get some more help from the experts on here.

I believe that a lot of the bauer parts are interchangeable across different machines, but you would have to find the models, age and check parts lists.

Attached pic of jamar, u/k mdl, out put etc. It is missing the cooling cowel in the pic.
Can anyone ID this?

Attachments

• 100_3500.jpg
    100_3500.jpg
    414.8 KB · Views: 651
I believe you are on the money here. The cooling shroud is smashed on mine and the air filter has been modified to fit through the cowling. The manufacturer has a great big JMAR compressers decal on it which led to some confusion as to what it actually is.
I took a look at earlier posts and found another Purus post.
The riddle may be solved.
P.M. returned hope you got it
Thx again for the help

It is a a Purus ( I think later version based on the cooling coils), if you want a replaement fiberglass shroud they still sell them or did a couple of years ago. Mine is a 1978 model and the shroud is cracked around the bolt holes, but still works, I checked prices on a replacement a couple of years ago and it was fairly high (around $400).

Ike

Hi Bob, your compressor block looks to be identical to mine in the photos Purus ???. It is a purus, output of 3.2 cfm marketed by JMAR as the Air Machine in the mid 80s. They were powered by a honda G200 5hp gas engine. Jmar morphed into Jordair in the early 90s and is still the sole distributor of Bauer products in Canada. Filters for your machine are still available. I use the ones from Lawerance factor. FC 1007SS is (X-56790) for the air purification filter. This is the one you will use if you occasionally run with the gas engine as it contains the proper chemicals to filter CO. If you have the condensate filter FC 708 you will need (FC 591017-WF) from LF. These are part of Jordairs 56 series of filtration products. 80% of my compressor operation is at home so I switched to a 3 hp elec motor from Princess Auto to make life easier for the neighbours. Four bolts and I can switch between motors quickly. I will try and send you some more pics when I figure out how to download from my camera. Greg

Back
Top Bottom