JoJo the Dolphin video, Turks & Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How long do dolphins live? I remember diving with JoJo in 1991. It was an incredible experience.

It looks like he's had a pretty rough life since then. He has lots of scars I don't remember. He was also a great deal more active than he was in that video.

Average bottlenose dolphin life span probably 20 years or less. Known to live as long as 48 years.

I will be in Provo in December and plan to dive for 3 days. I hope I get to meet JoJo.

JoJo must be in his 30's by now and yes, he is looking very old and scarred due to his love of boat engines.
Steve, good luck and hope you get your wish when you are here in December. He usually frequents the area north of Leeward Marina, including Grace Bay and Water Cay but comes and goes so no guarantees.
Having said that, we were snorkelling with him a few days later and he was hanging around the boat this morning in Leeward Marina so you just never know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom