Joint NAUI & PADI ANNOUNCEMENT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

detroit diver once bubbled...

Right. The prerequisite for that is the hazardous materials workshop.

I tried to sign up for that class, but they told me I needed to take DIP-Fundementals (that would be Doing It Pool) before I could do that. :mad:

JamesK once bubbled...

I tried to sign up for that class, but they told me I needed to take DIP-Fundementals (that would be Doing It Pool) before I could do that. :mad:

If you're looking to take that course, I believe the correct acronym is

Doing It Pool Side How It's Taught.

Thanks!!! I just emailed my PADI 5 star facility and they are going to sign me up. The good thing is my intructor is also a NAUI instructor and a IANTD instructor, so I am going to get the cards from them too!!! IANTD has the Deep End Air Diver certification. The ironic, and scary, thing is that the acronym for that class is D.E.A.D. :eek: :eek:

Quite fitting I must say.

And for those that want to use a DPV for getting around the pool quickly there is the following specialty:

Diving Under Motorization Brings Arguably Sloppy Swimming

Luckily, it can be shortened to an easily pronouncable acronym as the class name is quite a mouthful...

djhall once bubbled...

Only if you dive with a 7' long-snorkel :D

But then you'd have to carry 2 of them in case your buddy goes OOA.

djhall once bubbled...

Only if you dive with a 7' long-snorkel :D

What's a snorkel :confused:

S ome
N eedless
O bject
R equired
K eeping
E veryone
L amenting

JamesK once bubbled...
You forgot the Underwater Pool Salvage Diver speciality. You get to pick up all of the bandaids, hairpins, and earings on the bottom.
What about underwater pool photographer???

I assume you use the pool table to plan your pool dives? (okay, okay, that was bad!) If I have a multi-level pool, can I get a pool wheel?

Walter once bubbled...
The problem with satire and PADI is often the truth looks like satire.

L O L

This si SO true, and of course this satire of a course looks so real in its form...
:bonk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom