Joint NAUI & PADI ANNOUNCEMENT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No one has brought up cost yet.

If it's a PADI course, there must be a cost! What do you think they should charge for pool diver?

Now Jacuzzi diver is another issue! Depending on the instrokter, DM, and course requirements, I might pay extra!

When do you think they are going to promate:

The ScaubaShower - drop by drop teaching?

The ScubaBathtub - Slow acents and decents - temperture measurements as a safety factor?

And last but not least: The sauna Scuba - How to survive in a forrend and humid asmosphere.

AzAtty once bubbled...
So my question is: do I have to get my pool certified as a PADI 5-Star Facility in order to run Pool Diver (tm) tours at my house?
If you get your pool certified as a PADI 5-Star Facility and I choose to dive with you, will I be required to follow the dive master around your pool, or can I pool dive on my own?

Also, what about overhead environment and entanglement avoidance pool-diving specialties for diving in covered pools and pools with automatic pool cleaners? Solo pool-diver specialtiy, anyone?

Do they offer a Pool Rebreather Course? The pools I dive get down to 18 feet, and I hate doing long deco hangs.

djhall once bubbled...
If you get your pool certified as a PADI 5-Star Facility and I choose to dive with you, will I be required to follow the dive master around your pool, or can I pool dive on my own?

Also, what about overhead environment and entanglement avoidance pool-diving specialties for diving in covered pools and pools with automatic pool cleaners? Solo pool-diver specialtiy, anyone?

Is swimming under the diving board considered an overhead encironment??:D

detroit diver once bubbled...

Is swimming under the diving board considered an overhead encironment??:D
Yes also diving under the rope with floaties on it that divides the deep and shallow ends . but my question is what level of certification do I need to use a lift bag to retreive items you find at the bottom APD advanced pool diver or is that covered in the technical pool diver TPD . and how about a metric pool diver .
joens

joens once bubbled...

Yes also diving under the rope with floaties on it that divides the deep and shallow ends . but my question is what level of certification do I need to use a lift bag to retreive items you find at the bottom APD advanced pool diver or is that covered in the technical pool diver TPD . and how about a metric pool diver .
joens

That would be ATLBMPD.

weight_for_me once bubbled...
I could see "Spare Air" being used for the deco stops from the deep end of the pool.
:D
Randy...

Ya know, Randy- I wouldn't even use it there!!

DD,

Just sling it like a stage bottle, and everything will be AOK! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom