Joint NAUI & PADI ANNOUNCEMENT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think a long straw would work better-and be more reliable:D

LOL. Could I use the snorkel during my deep (6foot) deco stops?

No. That would hinder donation of the long hose to your buddy in need.

Easier to just stand up and take a breath, then descend again.:bonk:

If I take this course, will it count toward my AOW and DMship?

...I wonder if I take the class with my LDS, maybe I could get them to throw in a beach towel or sun tan lotion in for free?...

detroit diver once bubbled...
No. That would hinder donation of the long hose to your buddy in need.

Easier to just stand up and take a breath, then descend again.:bonk:

I have that all figured out. In regular diving, I would have my deco snorkel, and a backup deco snorkel slung like a stage at my side. That way in a OOA, I could still get the long hose to my buddy. During Deco, I would deploy my primary deco snorkel, clip off my primary reg to my right dring, and then deploy my backup deco snorkel and attach its mouthpiece securly in my bungee necklace. If my buddy had an emergency during deco, I could offer him my primary snorkel and breath from my backup. I would not give him my primary reg, because the gas in it would be a trimix for the deep end of the pool, and would be very inneffiecnt as a deco gas.

Zagnut once bubbled...
If I take this course, will it count toward my AOW and DMship?

...I wonder if I take the class with my LDS, maybe I could get them to throw in a beach towel or sun tan lotion in for free?...

It will count only towards your APD. You must complete at least 100 pool dives towards DM, including specialty dives. Those possiblities are:

1. Removing face from suction near pool drain at bottom of deep end.

2. Hovering below springboard during dive competition.

3. Following lane markers with your tongue.

4. 4 laps of pools-no mask- with eyes open after recent chlorination.

Succesful completion gives you a MDDMPD. Master Diver Dive Master Pool Diver. Total cost: $2151.49.

Good luck!

JamesK once bubbled...

I have that all figured out. In regular diving, I would have my deco snorkel, and a backup deco snorkel slung like a stage at my side. That way in a OOA, I could still get the long hose to my buddy. During Deco, I would deploy my primary deco snorkel, clip off my primary reg to my right dring, and then deploy my backup deco snorkel and attach its mouthpiece securly in my bungee necklace. If my buddy had an emergency during deco, I could offer him my primary snorkel and breath from my backup. I would not give him my primary reg, because the gas in it would be a trimix for the deep end of the pool, and would be very inneffiecnt as a deco gas.

I think you're on to something there! Or is it you're on something there????:D

You forgot the Underwater Pool Salvage Diver speciality. You get to pick up all of the bandaids, hairpins, and earings on the bottom.

detroit diver once bubbled...

I think you're on to something there! Or is it you're on something there????:D
:wink: :wink: :bonk: :bonk:

JamesK once bubbled...
You forgot the Underwater Pool Salvage Diver speciality. You get to pick up all of the bandaids, hairpins, and earings on the bottom.

Right. The prerequisite for that is the hazardous materials workshop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom