Johnson Engine Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All jokes aside ...check the water seperater in the fuel line(if it has one...if you can't unscrew it watch out, it hasn't been maintained properly), the fuel filter, the fuel pump and all of the fuel lines. If it is carborated like mine ...get them checked by a qualified marine mechanic. Like N sayes check if the transmission shifts smoothly ... cables and trottles can get expensive ...heck man the entire boat ownership is expensive. Learn to love your boat cause you are going to be seeing it regularly ...it is a labor of love.

mmm it's not my first boat, just my first time screwing around with the johnsons. Will let you guys know what comes of the whole thing. Thank you to everyone who provided input and recommendations.

Hope it works out well, shoot some pics when you get it.

N

if...

I've picked a number that I'd be comfortable with, we'll see what happens. Will post pics if it works out though, it'd be so nice to have a boat at my disposal. The only boat I've got access to on a regular basis, my dive buddy isn't allowed on.

Just keeping you guys posted, I went ahead and passed on the boat. I wasn't really comfortable that the maintenance had been done properly, and I'm not trying to spend a bunch of money on something that needs to be fixed. Thanks for all the help, I'll let you know if I cross something else.

Sorry it didn't work out for you, but if it felt wrong, you probably did the right thing. If you're actively looking, I'd probably avoid ebay (no chance to check it out before you bid in most cases), and I'm sure you know about Craigslist, but here is another website that might help:

http://www.boattrader.com/

Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom