John LLoyd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brucet

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I will be going to John Lloyd Park in Dania with the family on Memorial Day. Plan on diving while there. My question is, does anyone know if you can spearfish in the park?

You can lobster (in season), but no spearfishing

How about just south of the park on Dania Beach?

I've seem lots of divers go in with spearguns at the dive area at the south end of the parking lot. Lots of people go in there with guns, some of them huge. They must be target shooting, I've never seen anyone with fish

Honestly,
I have had a better time going near the very north end of the park near the south side of the jetties, and gathering trash from the water.
The crap piles up there something terrible.
It is a very interesting pastime for me there.
You can find the most inexplicable crap in the water there.
I have found cash virtually every time I have done this!!

Chug
Picks up the trash

OK so I guess the gun can stay at home. O well. How's the West coast chug?

I will be going to John Lloyd Park in Dania with the family on Memorial Day. Plan on diving while there. My question is, does anyone know if you can spearfish in the park?

I believe there are signs posted that you cannot spear @ Dania Beach (definitely cannot @ the park), but I spear there pretty regularly at night (although haven't been there since lobster season and no I'm not spearing them). I've been there in the day as well and the lifeguards haven't said anything. Although, I recall a thread on here about a year or so ago (wanna say it was posted by Wet Dawg) that was hassled by the lifeguards because of his gun.

You can lobster (in season), but no spearfishing

I don't think you can actually lobster there. Well you can, you just have to exit the water off the park.

I've caught many a bug off JUL SP and never had anyone say anything.

Yup,
I get at least one or two outside the jacks nearly every time I go.

Chug
(in season)

I was just going to let it go as an internet fact:D to be passed on

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom