Jocassee report anyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JKSteger

D/M Wannabee ! ! !
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Looking to drive to Jocassee and get a couple of dives in at the divers ramp. What are the current conditions. I know the lake is very low and last time the lake was really low I think they closed the divers ramp but I could be wrong.

So what are the current conditions?

Jeremy

I made 6 dives from the diver's ramp on September 14. The ramp is open. I dive there at least once per week this time of year, and it has not been closed. However, the water is so low that motorized boats no longer use the adjacent boat ramp (they use the main boat ramp instead).

The depth at the end of the diver's ramp on Sept. 14 was about 1 foot. The depth at the second training platform was 21 feet. The surface temp of the water is unusually high for this time of year, 83 - 84 degrees according to my dive computer. The water temperature at my maximum depth of 56 ft. was 80 degrees. If you can get away from the students, vis is pretty good at 15 - 20 ft.

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I will make the trip up in a couple of weeks.

J:

Yep, low to mid 60's down to about 100ft. Below that, the vis opens way up and the temp drops to 52. Stayed that way down to 250. They brought the lake up 7-8 ft lately although it seems to be dropping a little bit. If you are going to dive it you should do it soon as the lake should start to turn mid-December.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom