Jocassee Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lone Frogman

Amphibious
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Anyone familiar with the deeper water around the Junk. I know that the wall there by the Junk drops to into deeper water. I have been down to 120' there and it pretty much a vertical drop. Does it level out at what depth? Than does it drop again? To what depth? I'm planning a training dive in the 180 to 200 foot range and wandering if 180 is going to be better any better than 200 as far as some things to see or any type of structure. We may be doing a second dive in the 250' range the next day. So the more info the better.:D

If I remember correctly, you can hit 200 on the wall at the junk but hits the bottom around that depth. I am sure if you swim out from the base of the wall it will drop off again. There is another down line closer to the dam. It hit the bottom at 220 or so and you have to swim out from the wall a long ways to find 250. Nothing much to see down there, it all pretty much looks the same. There is some uncut timber off the wall closest to the dam.

Call Bill Routh with Jocassee Off The wall diving.com If you looking for the 250 depth range a dive at the Jocassee Girls camp is what I would do. The wall is exactly that, a rock wall.

I secpnd that . Off the Wall would have all your answers,as to all the dive spots and depths . You could dive the cemetery @130' to 140'and like what upstate scuba suggested .
Girl scout camp

There is a line off the back of the Junk that will lead to a keg at the top of a downline.
You can follow this line down to about 178' then there is a ledge that you can go out on and it goes to another drop to at least 240.
If you go down the line where the boat is moored, there will be a big flat rock in front of you. if you go directly over that rock, there is a line staring at ~100ft and goes to over 300'.

i will be up there in a few weekends if you want to dive.

Scott

Off the back of the Junk the line goes down the wall to around 150 ffw there is a ledge that slopes down to 180-190 ffw then it drops to I think 300 ffw. Bill at Off the Wall Dive Charters will be able to give you exact numbers. I have been to the 180 mark but I haven't been over the second ledge.

Butch

Back
Top Bottom